    Samsung driver for my HD. After restart, could not enter Windows in any
    mode, safe, last known good, etc. Finally had to do a repair from the
    install DVD. Vista64.

    John Barnes, Aug 10, 2007

  2. John Barnes

    Greg R Guest

    I was wondering about that update. I went ahead and installed it about a
    week ago on my Vista 64 system and have had no problems so far. My mother
    board is an i680.

    Greg R, Aug 10, 2007

  3. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Seems that it was the driver installed for the Samsung drive that was the
    problem, but it wasn't installed until the nVidia driver was in place and
    rebooted.

    John Barnes, Aug 11, 2007
  4. John Barnes

    Greg R Guest

    OK, I'll make sure if it tries to get me to install the second update I'll
    just pass it up. I'd rather not take the chance it would mess up my system
    too.

    Thanks for the heads up!

    Greg R, Aug 11, 2007