    rev.12.004
    rev.12.009
    rev.13.016
    The Saint, Aug 28, 2004

  2. Howdy!

    "The Saint" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello, Can some one help me out?
    > I'm trying to wire this type of jack for my LAN. I have 2 different
    > wiring options. 258A EIA-T568B, or, EIA-T568A. Which one do I use? I
    > don't know if you need any more info than that. If so, let me know.
    > Thanks so much,
    > TS

    Yes.

    That is, as long as you stay with either A or B, no problem.

    I personally have standardized on 568B, but 568A will also work -
    they just switch what color wire is used for transmit and receive pairs B)

    RwP
    Ralph W. Phillips, Aug 28, 2004

  3. The Saint wrote:

    > Hello, Can some one help me out?
    > I'm trying to wire this type of jack for my LAN. I have 2 different
    > wiring options. 258A EIA-T568B, or, EIA-T568A. Which one do I use? I
    > don't know if you need any more info than that. If so, let me know.
    > Thanks so much,
    > TS

    It's far more common for me to see the B standard than the A version.
    It's not a matter of right or wrong, just different.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 28, 2004
  4. The Saint

    The Saint Guest

    Re: Follow up WAS: Category 5 Keystone Jack Wiring help

    Thanks guys. After looking it over, I kind of thought that that was
    correct. After all electrons don't care on a straight through. Thanks
    again!!

    --
    "The best defense against logic is stupidity". (unknown, but had to be
    someone in the government)
    The Saint, Aug 28, 2004
  5. The Saint

    Davii Guest

    I'm afraid I don't have any links for you but from research in the
    past my impression was that which version you use will make absolutely
    no difference whatsoever at the moment, but version B might make a
    very small improvement to network reliability when speeds increase in
    the future. Therefore I always wire with B - unless A is already
    present of course.

    Hope this helps

    Davii

    Email Corned-Beef only address ;)

    Davii, Sep 27, 2004
  6. The Saint

    why? Guest

    On 27 Sep 2004 07:57:15 -0700, Davii wrote:

    That's a while in coming.... replying to a msg from 28 Aug 2004.

    >I'm afraid I don't have any links for you but from research in the

    There are several cable groups, and links to 568B/A wiring posted in
    24HSHD before.

    >past my impression was that which version you use will make absolutely
    >no difference whatsoever at the moment, but version B might make a
    >very small improvement to network reliability when speeds increase in

    Prove it, how does the swapping of 2 colored wires (pairs) affect the
    speed?

    >the future. Therefore I always wire with B - unless A is already
    >present of course.

    You can run with cables as 568B and 568A with no problems. Our site was
    a big DEC user and the pre-made patch cables were all 568A, the vertical
    was done by a UK company so the panels were 568B. Later on patch cables
    were bought in the UK so they were 568B. No difference.

    The signal function on the pin doesn't change only the wire color it's
    associated with.

    The only thing you have to watch out for is check if it's A or B before
    using a patch to convert into a xover. Then it's a swap of the 'wrong'
    pair if you are used to A or B.

    why?, Sep 27, 2004