catalyst port monitor session

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Scot, Oct 19, 2004.

  1. Scot

    Scot Guest

    I have a port monitor session setup like so:

    monitor session 1 source interface Fa0/1
    monitor session 1 destination interface Fa0/17

    Also:

    interface FastEthernet0/1
    no ip address
    interface FastEthernet0/17
    no ip address

    I have not enabled any 802.1q encapsulation, but for some reason, every
    packet is encapsulated in it. It looks like it is not supposed to be on by
    default, but somehow all the packets received at Fa0/17 are. Can anyone
    tell me how to just get the native packets and not have 802.1q?

    Thanks,

    Scot
    Scot, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Scot

    Scot Guest

    Never mind. The version of the IOS that was being used encapsulates all
    monitored traffic unless mirrored from the switch cpu.

    Thanks anyway.

    Scot

    Scot, Oct 19, 2004