Catalyst dot1.q problem

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Cicko, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. Cicko

    Cicko Guest

    Hello Everyone!

    I have a strange problem with my Catalyst 6006 and this setup:

    Client PC (Plain Ethernet)- Alcatel DSLAM - (dot1q trunk) Cat6006
    CATOS (dot1q trunk) - BRAS (Redback)

    When a client PC sends an ARP request for a MAC address to BRAS, the
    frame passes all the way to BRAS with no problem, but when BRAS
    replies, the reply is visible in front of the Catalyst port, tagged
    properly for the correct VLAN and everything, but the Catalyst just
    drops the frame and Client can't do anything with the connection. When
    a static ARP entry is entered into the Client's machine, everything
    works fine, but as soon as it is removed, naturally, nothing works
    anymore...

    Any suggestions, people?

    Thanks in advance...
    Jasenko Cicvara
    Cicko, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Cicko

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Subject: Catalyst dot1.q problem
    > From: (Cicko)
    > Newsgroups: comp.dcom.sys.cisco
    >
    > Hello Everyone!
    >

    > I have a strange problem with my Catalyst 6006 and this setup:
    >
    > Client PC (Plain Ethernet)- Alcatel DSLAM - (dot1q trunk) Cat6006
    > CATOS (dot1q trunk) - BRAS (Redback)
    >
    > When a client PC sends an ARP request for a MAC address to BRAS, the
    > frame passes all the way to BRAS with no problem, but when BRAS
    > replies, the reply is visible in front of the Catalyst port, tagged
    > properly for the correct VLAN and everything, but the Catalyst just
    > drops the frame and Client can't do anything with the connection. When
    > a static ARP entry is entered into the Client's machine, everything
    > works fine, but as soon as it is removed, naturally, nothing works
    > anymore...
    >
    > Any suggestions, people?

    Do you see on Cat6006 input drop counter or any other counter to
    increase when ARP is dropped?

    --
    -Ivan.

    Ivan Ostres, Jul 23, 2004