    Messages seem to be timestamped with UTC even though switch is set to
    local time. Is this correct?
    Eric

    Eric Furness, Mar 3, 2006

  2. Eric Furness

    Charlie Root Guest

    "Eric Furness" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Messages seem to be timestamped with UTC even though switch is set to
    > local time. Is this correct?

    It's neither correct nor is it wrong - you can choose.

    If it's IOS-based Catalyst (i.e. not CatOS), then following will do:

    service timestamp log datetime msec local
    service timestamp debug datetime msec local

    Kind regards,
    iLya

    Charlie Root, Mar 3, 2006

  3. Eric Furness

    Eric Furness Guest

    On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 21:57:23 +0100, "Charlie Root"
    <> wrote:

    >"Eric Furness" <> wrote in message
    >> Messages seem to be timestamped with UTC even though switch is set to
    >> local time. Is this correct?

    >It's neither correct nor is it wrong - you can choose.
    >
    >If it's IOS-based Catalyst (i.e. not CatOS), then following will do:
    >
    >service timestamp log datetime msec local
    >service timestamp debug datetime msec local
    >
    >Kind regards,
    >iLya

    Thank you Sir..
    Eric

    Eric Furness, Mar 5, 2006
  4. Eric Furness

    Eric Furness Guest

    It On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 21:57:23 +0100, "Charlie Root"
    <> wrote:

    >"Eric Furness" <> wrote in message
    >> Messages seem to be timestamped with UTC even though switch is set to
    >> local time. Is this correct?

    >It's neither correct nor is it wrong - you can choose.
    >
    >If it's IOS-based Catalyst (i.e. not CatOS), then following will do:
    >
    >service timestamp log datetime msec local
    >service timestamp debug datetime msec local
    >
    >Kind regards,
    >iLya

    The Catalyst 500 express has no CLI.. any other way?
    Eric

    Eric Furness, Mar 6, 2006
  5. Eric Furness

    > It On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 21:57:23 +0100, "Charlie Root"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Eric Furness" <> wrote in message
    >>> Messages seem to be timestamped with UTC even though switch is set to
    >>> local time. Is this correct?

    >>It's neither correct nor is it wrong - you can choose.
    >>
    >>If it's IOS-based Catalyst (i.e. not CatOS), then following will do:
    >>
    >>service timestamp log datetime msec local
    >>service timestamp debug datetime msec local
    >>
    >>Kind regards,
    >>iLya
    >>

    > The Catalyst 500 express has no CLI.. any other way?
    > Eric

    I haven't seen this beast face-to-face yet and now I'm surprised that it
    doesn't have CLI as it appears to be running IOS
    (http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/catex500/12225fy/rn/index.htm).
    Just looked that basic embedded GUI has some limitations and for configuring
    extended (?) features you need to download "Cisco Network Assistant"
    (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps5931/index.html). Hopefully
    there is something outthere.

    Kind regards,
    iLya

    Charlie Root, Mar 6, 2006
  6. Eric Furness

    Eric Furness Guest

    Yes On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 00:13:04 +0100, "Charlie Root"
    <> wrote:

    >"Eric Furness" <> wrote in message
    >> It On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 21:57:23 +0100, "Charlie Root"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Eric Furness" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>>It's neither correct nor is it wrong - you can choose.
    >>>
    >>>If it's IOS-based Catalyst (i.e. not CatOS), then following will do:
    >>>
    >>>service timestamp log datetime msec local
    >>>service timestamp debug datetime msec local
    >>>
    >>>Kind regards,
    >>>iLya
    >>>

    >> The Catalyst 500 express has no CLI.. any other way?
    >> Eric

    >I haven't seen this beast face-to-face yet and now I'm surprised that it
    >doesn't have CLI as it appears to be running IOS
    >(http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/catex500/12225fy/rn/index.htm).
    >Just looked that basic embedded GUI has some limitations and for configuring
    >extended (?) features you need to download "Cisco Network Assistant"
    >(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps5931/index.html). Hopefully
    >there is something outthere.
    >
    >Kind regards,
    >iLya

    Yes I have been using the assistant. I can find no entry to change
    timestamp to local time. But just looked a log this AM and now stamps
    appear to be local time. Hmm.. Maybe clairvoyance..
    Eric

    Eric Furness, Mar 7, 2006