    and layer 3 only?

    Thanks,
    Bob
    Rob, Dec 16, 2003

  2. Rob

    Guest

    On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 05:57:35 -0500, Rob <> wrote:

    >I have a 4006 with a Supervisor II card, Layer 3 routing module and
    >several 48-port 10/100 modules.
    >
    >Are the two GBIC ports on both the SUP card and L3 module all the
    >same? Can they be used at layer 2 to bridge traffic and configure
    >them in trunk mode? Or are the GBIC ports on the L3 module special
    >and layer 3 only?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Bob

    The GBICs on the SUP card and the L3 module look like any other gbic -
    nothing special about them. The ones on the L3 module are numbers
    gi03 and gi 0/4. The L3 engine isn't integrated into the backplane
    and appears like a router-on-a-stick with Gi 1 and Gi 2 being it's
    connections to the backplane.
    , Dec 16, 2003