    Has anyone installed Cat 3750 stacks and experienced any issues ? The
    3750's are relatively new and there is not much around with regards to
    common problems and/or faults.
    Franzy, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Franzy

    Scooby Guest

    "Franzy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone installed Cat 3750 stacks and experienced any issues ? The
    > 3750's are relatively new and there is not much around with regards to
    > common problems and/or faults.

    I had one that seemed like everytime I plugged something in, the whole unit
    would redo spanning tree on everyport - or those were the symptoms anyway.
    I had Cisco swap the unit out. Same thing with the new unit. So, I change
    the IOS level and it fixed it. Seems like the bug was in the IOS. I
    informed Cisco, but they never acknowledged it. I don't have that software
    release number in front of me, but if you need it, I can track it down.

    Jim
    Scooby, Aug 18, 2004

  3. Franzy

    Chris Thomas Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Has anyone installed Cat 3750 stacks and experienced any issues ? The
    > 3750's are relatively new and there is not much around with regards to
    > common problems and/or faults.

    I've been very happy with a group of 3750 distribution switches off a
    6509 core. No issues. The stackability makes expansion trivial, and
    the high bw interconnect means one doesn't take a bw hit when adding
    to a stack.
    Chris Thomas, Aug 18, 2004
  4. Franzy

    ccs Guest

    "Franzy" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone installed Cat 3750 stacks and experienced any issues ? The
    > 3750's are relatively new and there is not much around with regards to
    > common problems and/or faults.

    Only issue I have encountered is the SGMII ports. Half the ports on a
    gigabit 3750 are RGMII, the other half SGMII. A lot of NIC's have issues
    with the SGMII ports but work perfectly with the RGMII ports. Google it, too
    much shit to explain =)
    ccs, Aug 19, 2004
  5. Franzy

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <ahXUc.114902$sh.64166@fed1read06>, says...

    > "Franzy" <> wrote in message
    > > Has anyone installed Cat 3750 stacks and experienced any issues ? The
    > > 3750's are relatively new and there is not much around with regards to
    > > common problems and/or faults.

    > Only issue I have encountered is the SGMII ports. Half the ports on a
    > gigabit 3750 are RGMII, the other half SGMII. A lot of NIC's have issues
    > with the SGMII ports but work perfectly with the RGMII ports. Google it, too
    > much shit to explain =)

    We are also going to can the 3750 eval. The SNMP (lack of) was
    shocking. For example, if a member switch dies, the master won't
    notify you except via syslog (level 7 at that).

    That an only 24 out of the 48 are IEEE (af) compliant.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Aug 20, 2004