    there any Cisco command that can show this kind of information?

    Thanks,
    hhs

    hhs, Jan 5, 2009

  2. hhs

    bod43 Guest

    On 5 Jan, 05:04, hhs <> wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > Does anyone know, is there any possible way to find out the part
    > number of SFP module on the switch? We can not unplug the module from
    > the switch because it's a live system. I try to use show version on
    > this Cisco switch but the output does not show part number of the SFP.
    >
    > I want to check whether the SFP is GLC-LH-SM or GLC-ZX-SM module. Is
    > there any Cisco command that can show this kind of information?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > hhs

    I don't have one to play with now however have a look at
    sh int

    I think that it often displays the interface type.

    Also:

    sh diag
    sh hard
    sh inv

    Output depends on software version with later versions displaying
    more.

    snmp may show further info.
    snmpwalk
    getif.exe

    bod43, Jan 5, 2009

  3. hhs

    hhs Guest

    On Jan 5, 12:41 pm, bod43 <> wrote:
    > On 5 Jan, 05:04, hhs <> wrote:
    >
    > > Dear all,

    > > Does anyone know, is there any possible way to find out the part
    > > number of SFP module on the switch? We can not unplug the module from
    > > the switch because it's a live system. I try to use show version on
    > > this Cisco switch but the output does not show part number of the SFP.

    > > I want to check whether the SFP is GLC-LH-SM or GLC-ZX-SM module. Is
    > > there any Cisco command that can show this kind of information?

    > > Thanks,
    > > hhs

    > I don't have one to play with now however have a look at
    > sh int
    >
    > I think that it often displays the interface type.
    >
    > Also:
    >
    > sh diag
    > sh hard
    > sh inv
    >
    > Output depends on software version with later versions displaying
    > more.
    >
    > snmp may show further info.
    > snmpwalk
    > getif.exe

    Dear bod43,

    Thanks for your information. I got what i want by using a command show
    interface. From this command, it's does not show me the type of module
    but it's show me the type of fiber cable used. (Full-duplex, 1000Mb/s,
    link type is auto, media type is 1000BaseLX SFP).

    I check in Cisco document, GLC-LH-SM use with 1000BASE-LX.

    Thanks ;-)
    hhs

    hhs, Jan 5, 2009