Catalyst 3550 EMI Upgrade Kit (CD-3550-EMI=) problem! show version = SMI

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by desdronox, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. desdronox

    desdronox Guest

    Can you help me?

    I have a problem with the upgrade kit. After the installation the
    switch indicates SMI (show version), but it`s now a EMI. How can I
    change that?

    Best regards

    André

    Kannst du mir helfen?

    Ich habe ein Problem mit dem Upgrade Kit. Nach der Installation zeigt
    der Switch SMI an (show version), obwohl es jetzt ein EMI ist. Wie
    kann ich das ändern?

    Gruss

    Andrè
    desdronox, Jul 9, 2003

  2. On 9 Jul 2003 06:00:52 -0700,
    (desdronox) wrote:

    >Can you help me?
    >
    >I have a problem with the upgrade kit. After the installation the
    >switch indicates SMI (show version), but it`s now a EMI. How can I
    >change that?

    I think this is normal, as I saw a post somewhere a few weeks ago
    about this and the response from Cisco was essentially "that's just
    the way it is."
    Terry Baranski, Jul 10, 2003