    Can someone please help me:
    I want to reset a cat2950 to factory defaults. I have the blue cable and a terminal, so what is the next step.

    //mozart
    mozart, Feb 10, 2009

  2. mozart

    chamal

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    reset 2950

    u need a terminal emulator to connect to the switch. connect the console cable. and start the emulator (hyperterminal or tera term pro).
    type enable and go to privilage executive mode.
    erase startup-config
    after erasing the startup configuration
    type reload
    this will get you to the default setting.
    chamal, Feb 10, 2009

  3. mozart

    donjohnston

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2008
    Messages:
    38
    That assumes you have the enable password.

    If not... Well, I can't post URL's so just google "cisco password recovery". The first link will take you to Cisco password recovery page. Select "LAN Switches" and then click on the box that for 2950's.
    donjohnston, Feb 19, 2009