    you don't screw anything up obviously.) I am planning on configuring
    these swicthes on a live environment. They were just taken out of the
    box and put into production. Thanks.
    jspr, Feb 7, 2005

  2. On 7 Feb 2005 13:43:40 -0800, "jspr" <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know how to do a config default on a cisco catalyst 2950
    >switch. I can't find it anywhere in the manual? Also when you run the
    >setup from the CLI is there any temp loss of connectivity? (So long as
    >you don't screw anything up obviously.) I am planning on configuring
    >these swicthes on a live environment. They were just taken out of the
    >box and put into production. Thanks.

    By "config default" do you mean restoring the factory default
    configuration? If so, see "Resetting Catalyst Switches to Factory
    Defaults"
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps607/products_tech_note09186a00800c4546.shtml

    Telnetting or consoling into the box to configure it should not cause
    hosts plugged into the switch to lose connectivity. However, it is
    possible that if you make configuration changes while the switches are
    in a live production environment, there might be a temporary loss of
    connectivity especially if you change port configuration of ports
    hosts are attached to and communicating through, or if you make
    changes to Spanning-Tree Protocol, it might cause reconvergence which
    will take some time and cause loss of connectivity momentarily for the
    hosts.

    Good Luck
    -Robert
    Robert B. Phillips, II, Feb 8, 2005