catalyst 2948G throughput performance problems ?

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Martin Bilgrav, Dec 28, 2003.

  1. Hi Group,

    I seem to continuesly have trouble with my clients c2948G.

    Now I have huge throughput problems, when connecting win2003 servers.
    I have servers from Compaq, and OEM servers, with onboard Intel or 3com or
    Broadcom.
    When connection with servers on the c2948g I can copy 360 mb ISO iamge from
    one to other on the horrible time of 25 min !!
    I have replaced the switch with a c2950 and the same file copy now gives 3
    min !! Which is top.

    But can it be true that the C2948g are useless on server farms ?
    Any tips are welcome

    I run 8.1.3 catos, but have tried 4.x and 6.4 aswell so I dont think catos
    is the problem.
    I run no special config, but just "out of the box" defaults. Though I have
    set ports to 100FULL and the same on servers.
    This gave me slightly more throughput, but not close to the top 8(

    Regards
    Martin Bilgrav

    Martin Bilgrav, Dec 28, 2003

  2. Martin Bilgrav

    Hansang Bae Guest

    In article <F%EHb.64904$>,
    says...
    > Hi Group,
    >
    > I seem to continuesly have trouble with my clients c2948G.
    >
    > Now I have huge throughput problems, when connecting win2003 servers.
    > I have servers from Compaq, and OEM servers, with onboard Intel or 3com or
    > Broadcom.
    > When connection with servers on the c2948g I can copy 360 mb ISO iamge from
    > one to other on the horrible time of 25 min !!
    > I have replaced the switch with a c2950 and the same file copy now gives 3
    > min !! Which is top.
    >
    > But can it be true that the C2948g are useless on server farms ?
    > Any tips are welcome
    >
    > I run 8.1.3 catos, but have tried 4.x and 6.4 aswell so I dont think catos
    > is the problem.
    > I run no special config, but just "out of the box" defaults. Though I have
    > set ports to 100FULL and the same on servers.
    > This gave me slightly more throughput, but not close to the top 8(

    I haven't had any issues to 2948G (*not* L3 model) boxes. Do you see
    any errors when you do a "show port count"?

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Dec 30, 2003