Catalyst 11.8 drivers out

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Charlie Russel-MVP, Aug 17, 2011.

  1. Charlie Russel-MVP, Aug 17, 2011

  2. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Carlos Guest

    Charlie,
    This time you had an edge.
    I've been out of Argentina for around two weeks in a training I'm
    having in McAllen, Texas.
    This 45C heat index does not leave me too much enery for posting.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 18, 2011

  3. 45c??? YOUCH.

    We start complaining here if it goes up to 30. But no sign of that this
    summer. Been cold, wet and mostly grim all summer. Finally decent this
    month, but too late for a lot of crops. We're now in the low to mid 20's
    with some sun. Finally.

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Aug 18, 2011
  4. Charlie Russel-MVP

    VanguardLH Guest

    Charlie Russel-MVP wrote:

    > http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst118ReleaseNotes.aspx
    >
    > For those who care. Since I don't overclock, and am not running any of those
    > games, it's fairly low on my priority list. Except for beating Carlos, with
    > the announcement, of course. :)

    Just don't install new drivers because they're new. Install if they
    actually fix something that's broken on your host. No point in fixing
    something that ain't broke, and the new drivers could be worse for you
    than the old ones. It takes some effort on retesting multitude versions
    to find the sweet spot for a driver that's compatible will most or all
    of your applications, including games (the primary reason for changing
    video drivers). Most users aren't willing to keeping testing new driver
    versions against all their apps and why upgrading to a new version can
    be more dangerous than sticking with what is working now.

    VanguardLH, Aug 18, 2011
  5. Charlie Russel-MVP

    John Turco Guest

    "R. C. White" wrote:

    > Howdy, Carlos!
    >
    > Since you're already in Texas, come on up to San Marcos. Our high temp so
    > far this year has been only about 105F. Let's see, that's only about 40C,
    > right? (But we've had over 60 days over 100F already this year!) When you
    > come, please bring some RAIN! We've had NO rain for August so far - which
    > wouldn't be so bad except that we also had almost no rain since September.
    > After that good soaking from Hurricane Hermine a year ago, we've had only 3
    > months with an inch or more (January, May and June) and 3 months had less
    > than a tenth of an inch each! :>(
    >
    > TV today reported that Texas' agricultural loss from this drought is over
    > $5.2 billion - and counting.
    >
    > But we can go toobin' on the San Marcos River, which comes as a full-blown
    > river out of a spring here on the campus of Texas State University at a
    > constant 72F (22C) year-round. ;<)
    > http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=san marcos river&qpvt=san marcos river&FORM=IGRE
    >
    > RC

    Here in Omaha, Nebraska, we suffered a minor hurricane, on Thursday
    evening (August 18, 2011). Damned wet, windy and gusty...with hail
    thrown in, for good measure.

    My La Crosse "WS-1510TWC" (wireless weather station), recorded these
    readings:

    20.5 mph (wind speed)
    42.7 mph (gust)
    2.25" (rain)

    Over at Weather Underground <http://classic.wunderground.com>, are
    the official statistics:

    "1.96 in" of precipitation

    "Wind Speed 14 mph (ESE)
    Max Wind Speed 70 mph
    Max Gust Speed 92 mph
    Visibility 8 miles
    Events Rain , Hail , Thunderstorm"

    Hence, we got more rain within a couple of hours, than you've had
    most of the summer! According to the above Web site's info, it put
    Omaha slightly ahead of its "year to date precipitation" pace --
    whereas it was a a bit behind, before.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>