    Thanks

    Tom
    , Aug 21, 2006

  2. George K Guest

    Can you provide with more information about how you are shooting your
    pictures?

    What camera make and model?
    So we know if you can set white balance or 18% gray. You can use color
    correction filters, close-up lens, close-up flash, etc.

    What light source beside the built-in flash?
    So we know if you need to adjust for color temperature.

    Are you using a light tent to reduce or eliminate outside light sources
    and reduce reflections?

    George K, Aug 21, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I hope there is someone out there who can help. As a Lions Club pin
    > trader I am planning to photograph my pin collection one pin at a time
    > and build a catalog with word or printmaster programs. However when I
    > take a picture on a pure white piece of paper, even though the image
    > turns out perfect there is a blue or tan background that is highly
    > objectionable. How do I eliminate this blue or tan background?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tom

    Most image editing programs offer the ability to change the color cast.
    This may be the best way for what you are doing.

    There is a way of color matching which means adjusting the camera,
    monitor and printer so they all see the same way. It can be a little
    difficult for a beginner. This would be the "correct" way.

    Another approach might be adjusting the lighting. If you are not using
    the exact same lighting each time I suggest you want to try to do that.

    Another possible reason for the differences is the automatic adjustments
    your camera is making trying to improve the image. Depending on your camera
    it may be possible to fix that as well. Check your camera manual for
    subjects like white balance or color balance or color shifts or color
    adjustments.

    Just for the record, the image is likely all a little too blue or tan
    but you don't notice it in the image area.

    Good Luck

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit
    Joseph Meehan, Aug 21, 2006
  4. Guest

    Thanks for your help. The camera is a Sony DSC-S75. If I use flash the
    background is bluish and if I use natural the background is tan. I have
    three filters I am not smart enough to use... a UV, a F-DL, P.L.
    Wasn't aware of a light tent but it sounds like something I could
    purchase if needed. The pins I plan to catalog are usually 2"X1" but
    occasionally go to 3"X3". If you have a suggestion for light source I'm
    all ears. If you'd like to send info by email to it
    seems less cumbersome on this end.
    Thanks Again

    Tom
    George K wrote:
    > Can you provide with more information about how you are shooting your
    > pictures?
    >
    > What camera make and model?
    > So we know if you can set white balance or 18% gray. You can use color
    > correction filters, close-up lens, close-up flash, etc.
    >
    > What light source beside the built-in flash?
    > So we know if you need to adjust for color temperature.
    >
    > Are you using a light tent to reduce or eliminate outside light sources
    > and reduce reflections?
    >

    > wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I hope there is someone out there who can help. As a Lions Club pin
    > > trader I am planning to photograph my pin collection one pin at a time
    > > and build a catalog with word or printmaster programs. However when I
    > > take a picture on a pure white piece of paper, even though the image
    > > turns out perfect there is a blue or tan background that is highly
    > > objectionable. How do I eliminate this blue or tan background?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Tom
    , Aug 21, 2006
  5. no_name Guest

    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I hope there is someone out there who can help. As a Lions Club pin
    > trader I am planning to photograph my pin collection one pin at a time
    > and build a catalog with word or printmaster programs. However when I
    > take a picture on a pure white piece of paper, even though the image
    > turns out perfect there is a blue or tan background that is highly
    > objectionable. How do I eliminate this blue or tan background?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tom

    You might put it insomething like this:

    http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/light_box_light_tent

    http://www.pbase.com/wlhuber/image/13989420

    You can make your background any color you want it to be. Check your
    local hobby stores for a roll of paper the color you want.

    --

    These are my views. If you've got a problem with it, you can blame it on
    me, but this is what I think. I am not the official spokes-person for

    John
    no_name, Aug 21, 2006
  6. Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I hope there is someone out there who can help. As a Lions Club pin
    > trader I am planning to photograph my pin collection one pin at a time
    > and build a catalog with word or printmaster programs. However when I
    > take a picture on a pure white piece of paper, even though the image
    > turns out perfect there is a blue or tan background that is highly
    > objectionable. How do I eliminate this blue or tan background?

    This is more a problem with lighting. Try using a different colour
    background - say pale or mid-grey. Your camera is overcompensating for
    the white.

    another idea would be using the depth of field as a tool and shooting
    towards a darker or lighter wall well out of focus.

    Photo processing software can lasso the parts you want and eliminate or
    adjust (hue & saturation) any unwanted details.
    Stewy, Aug 22, 2006