    Also, I assume CAT6509 is a high-end router/L3 switch. What are the
    low-end alternatives here?

    , Aug 16, 2006

  2. none Guest

    wrote:
    > Is CAT6509 a router or an L3 switch?
    > If it is an L3 switch/router, what is its equivalent router/L3 switch
    > available from Cisco?
    > I basically want to compare the Price details here.
    >
    > Also, I assume CAT6509 is a high-end router/L3 switch. What are the
    > low-end alternatives here?

    7609 but it is more expensive. The 6509 pb is the bay. you must have
    more place on the side to avoid temp pb.

    none, Aug 16, 2006

  3. You may wish to investigate the Cisco Product Advisor:

    http://tools.cisco.com/GCT/PCTPST/index.jsp

    As well as Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support:

    http://www.bradreese.com/contact-us.htm#CISCO

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Cisco CraigsList Job Openings
    http://www.bradreese.com/craigslist-networking-jobs.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    BradReese.Com - Cisco Technical Forums
    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-technical-newsgroups.htm

    www.BradReese.Com, Aug 16, 2006
  4. leelaw

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    Location:
    ruislip
    Its a layer 3 switch, this means for all intensive purposes it is both. 6509 is a Cisco switch.

    leelaw, Aug 16, 2006
  5. writes:
    >Is CAT6509 a router or an L3 switch?

    The difference kinda blurs lately doesn't it?

    >If it is an L3 switch/router, what is its equivalent router/L3 switch
    >available from Cisco?
    >I basically want to compare the Price details here.

    The Cisco router pushed is the 7609, which is basicly the same thing
    as a 6509 with a ever-so-slightly different chassis.

    >Also, I assume CAT6509 is a high-end router/L3 switch. What are the
    >low-end alternatives here?

    The 450x with higher level Sup engine is very nice. Can't do as much
    of course, but much lower cost. The entry level L3 switches are the
    3xxx line. It really depends alot on what features you need to say
    what you can use.

    Doug McIntyre, Aug 16, 2006