    Any helps will be appreciate.
    bye
    sbs

    sbs, Apr 5, 2004

  2. sbs

    Steinar Haug Guest

    [sbs]

    | Any one had try to cfg mpls label distr on cat6500 with native ios
    | 12.1(20)E on sup2/msfc2 ?

    Sure. Can only be done with at least one OSM in the system - do you
    have that installed?

    Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting,

    Steinar Haug, Apr 5, 2004

  3. sbs

    sbs Guest

    (Steinar Haug) wrote in message news:<>...
    > [sbs]
    >
    > | Any one had try to cfg mpls label distr on cat6500 with native ios
    > | 12.1(20)E on sup2/msfc2 ?
    >
    > Sure. Can only be done with at least one OSM in the system - do you
    > have that installed?
    >
    > Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting,

    no. and it is fun that the cfg was endorse by a c*scoman.

    I'll ask to him

    thanks

    sbs, Apr 6, 2004
  4. sbs

    Steinar Haug Guest

    [sbs]

    | > | Any one had try to cfg mpls label distr on cat6500 with native ios
    | > | 12.1(20)E on sup2/msfc2 ?
    | >
    | > Sure. Can only be done with at least one OSM in the system - do you
    | > have that installed?
    |
    | no. and it is fun that the cfg was endorse by a c*scoman.

    As long as you don't have the Sup720, the rules are very simple:

    - You can only configure VRFs (customer-facing subinterfaces) on OSMs.
    - You can only configure MPLS label distribution (networking-facing
    interfaces, towards other PE or P routers) on OSMs.

    Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting,

    Steinar Haug, Apr 6, 2004
  5. sbs

    sbs Guest

    (Steinar Haug) wrote in message news:<>...
    > [sbs]

    > | > Sure. Can only be done with at least one OSM in the system - do you
    > | > have that installed?
    > |
    > | no. and it is fun that the cfg was endorse by a c*scoman.
    >
    > As long as you don't have the Sup720, the rules are very simple:
    >
    > - You can only configure VRFs (customer-facing subinterfaces) on OSMs.
    > - You can only configure MPLS label distribution (networking-facing
    > interfaces, towards other PE or P routers) on OSMs.
    >
    > Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting,

    I'm looking in deeep about that in docs, but i don't found where cisco
    said about hw need for that function. do you ave any links ?

    thanks

    sbs, Apr 7, 2004
  6. sbs

    Steinar Haug Guest

    [sbs]

    | > As long as you don't have the Sup720, the rules are very simple:
    | >
    | > - You can only configure VRFs (customer-facing subinterfaces) on OSMs.
    | > - You can only configure MPLS label distribution (networking-facing
    | > interfaces, towards other PE or P routers) on OSMs.
    |
    | I'm looking in deeep about that in docs, but i don't found where cisco
    | said about hw need for that function. do you ave any links ?

    Here's a direct quote:

    "The Ethernet LAN ports do not support MPLS. Only WAN ports support MPLS."

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/12_1e/ol_2310.htm#wp317047

    Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting,

    Steinar Haug, Apr 7, 2004