    keystone jacks (preferbly with faceplates and mounting boxes) in
    Auckland besides the obvious (DickSmith, Jaycar, Surplus)?

    Thanks all

    Nil Einne, May 25, 2004

  2. Nil Einne

    EMB Guest

    In news:,
    Nil Einne <> expelled:
    > Hey all,
    >
    > Anyone know of a place to get Cat5e and Cat6 solid cable (for home
    > installation) in small quantities (e.g. 10m) and Cat 5e and Cat 6
    > keystone jacks (preferbly with faceplates and mounting boxes) in
    > Auckland besides the obvious (DickSmith, Jaycar, Surplus)?
    >
    > Thanks all

    Any of the big electrical wholesalers (Corys, Ideals, etc). However if you
    don't have a trade account or know someone on the counter then their "list"
    price is often worse than DSE et al. Cables Direct
    http://www.cablesdirect.co.nz seem reasonably priced, but would be mail
    order.

    --
    EMB
    change two to number to reply

    EMB, May 25, 2004

  3. Re: Cat5e & Cat6 solid cable (small quantities) and keystone jacksin Auckland

    Nil Einne wrote:
    > Anyone know of a place to get Cat5e and Cat6 solid cable (for home
    > installation) in small quantities (e.g. 10m) and Cat 5e and Cat 6
    > keystone jacks (preferbly with faceplates and mounting boxes) in
    > Auckland besides the obvious (DickSmith, Jaycar, Surplus)?

    It's not in Auckland, but I feel compelled to recommend
    www.cablesdirect.co.nz I got single surface mount jacks for ~$6.50 and
    50M of solid core cat5e for $22.50.

    Good prices, good product, and fast (next day) cheap delivery. I fat
    fingered my CC number and it was easily and painlessly rectified.

    /Bruce

    Bruce Fitzsimons, May 26, 2004