    Are there any remote commands that might help ? or ...

    regards

    Martin Bilgrav
    Martin Bilgrav, Aug 8, 2007

  2. Martin Bilgrav

    Trendkill Guest

    On Aug 8, 8:27 am, "Martin Bilgrav" <>
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I got one of my FWSM that will not boot.
    > upon insertion i get the sho mod status of other and diags unknown.
    > after 15 min I get log entry : power to module in slot 2 set off (module
    > failed SCP dnld) and it goes in power down mode.
    >
    > under no condition can I get a chance to issue a rest command to get to
    > maintenance partion on cf:1
    >
    > What would the correct way to upgrade cf:1 be ?
    > I follwed the CCO guide but no luck, as the device is power-down and upon
    > reinsertion I can not get it to accecpt any hw-module reset commands.
    >
    > I think RMA ...
    > Are there any remote commands that might help ? or ...
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Martin Bilgrav

    Sounds like a power or fan problem. Have you checked the requirements
    of the blade and/or limitations of whatever power supplies you are
    running? You can't reset a blade that is not powered up, and the
    chassis has to be shutting it down for a reason. I'd tend to think
    power as fan issues are usually only for sup720s and up....plus you'd
    get an error message.
    Trendkill, Aug 8, 2007

  3. "Trendkill" <> wrote in message

    > Sounds like a power or fan problem. Have you checked the requirements
    > of the blade and/or limitations of whatever power supplies you are
    > running?

    I got dual 300 watts PSUs, and one other FWSM running in that chassis, so it
    is definently not a power issue.
    the Sup720-3b shuts down the blade after 15 min as there is no reason for a
    powered up blade that is not running correctly.
    This is normal.
    On the 1st FWSM I tried the onboard PC CONSOLE at 19200 bits, and very soon
    after insertion I get BIOS etc output from the blade.
    On the 2nd FWSM I get ... zip
    So I think it is faulty - a DOA blade !
    So unless someone can tip me some magic commands, I will go for a RMA.

    Thanks,
    Martin
    Martin Bilgrav, Aug 8, 2007
  4. Martin Bilgrav

    MC Guest

    Martin Bilgrav wrote:
    > "Trendkill" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Sounds like a power or fan problem. Have you checked the requirements
    >> of the blade and/or limitations of whatever power supplies you are
    >> running?

    > I got dual 300 watts PSUs, and one other FWSM running in that chassis, so it
    > is definently not a power issue.
    > the Sup720-3b shuts down the blade after 15 min as there is no reason for a
    > powered up blade that is not running correctly.
    > This is normal.
    > On the 1st FWSM I tried the onboard PC CONSOLE at 19200 bits, and very soon
    > after insertion I get BIOS etc output from the blade.
    > On the 2nd FWSM I get ... zip
    > So I think it is faulty - a DOA blade !
    > So unless someone can tip me some magic commands, I will go for a RMA.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Martin

    what are your calculated used power credits for all installed modules
    against what the power supplies will produce ?
    MC, Aug 10, 2007