    Just curious.

    Thanks,

    Ryan
    =?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=, Apr 21, 2006

  2. Hi

    Cat5e is rated for the current Giga (1000Mb/sec.) standard.

    There is No technical benefit from using CAT6.

    CAT6 can conduct more than the current Giga so it is mainly used in New in
    Wall installations, thus avoiding the need to reinstall CAT5e in the future.

    CAT6 would not "Squeeze" better Speed from the current hardware. A $10 bill
    stays $10 even if you put it in a bigger valet.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 21, 2006