    cassette deck unit to the computer so I can record the music to the CD.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Davant95
    Davant95, Feb 2, 2004

  2. Davant95

    Bob Guest

    There are digital cassette players that you can connect to a computer.
    Normally those are the small cassette players. If you have a cassette deck
    that is analog, there are converters that you may buy at radioshack and
    other stores. I have recorded cassettes using a Radioshack cassette player.

    Good luck,

    Bob

    Bob, Feb 2, 2004

  3. Davant95

    Brady Guest

    This is actually easier then you would think..

    You will need:

    1 - cassette player with a headphone or line out jack
    2 - soundcard with a line-in jack
    3 - 1/8" mini-jack to 1/8" mini-jack cable (ie: both ends have a 1/8"
    mini-jack plug on them)
    4 - software to record the audio - I use audacity
    (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) which is open source, so it's also free.

    To record:

    Plug one end of the cable into the cassette player, and the other end into
    the line-in jack on your sound card. Push play on the cassette player, and
    record in audacity. Audacity will create .wav files (or mp3 files if you
    download lame_enc.dll), which you can then use to burn an audio cd.

    Notes:

    - You will probably need to play with the volume, and try out different
    settings before finding the best one.
    - Try the noise reduction feature of audacity - it's not perfect but can
    make a big difference.
    - You may need to adjust the volume for your line-in input on your computer.
    Using windows, go to start, programs, accessories, entertainment, volume
    control. (May vary if not using XP - look around in the accessories menu).
    Click options, properties, then choose "adjust volume for recording" and you
    will be able to change the volume of the line-in input.
    - A good tutorial on this process complete with pictures is located at
    http://www.blazeaudio.com/howto/lp-overview.html. Note that they are
    explaining how to do this process with their software, but the pics are good
    and the initial setup info is the same.

    Good luck,

    Brady

    Brady, Feb 2, 2004
  4. Davant95

    Boomer Guest

    It's an interFace, you stupid fucking ****.
    Boomer, Feb 2, 2004
  5. Davant95

    Boomer Guest

    Bob wrote:
    > There are digital cassette players that you can connect to a computer.
    > Normally those are the small cassette players. If you have a cassette deck
    > that is analog, there are converters that you may buy at radioshack and
    > other stores.

    BWAHAHAHAH!!! You fucking moronic cuntwipe.
    Boomer, Feb 2, 2004
  6. Davant95

    WiffleWoman Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    > Bob wrote:
    >>There are digital cassette players that you can connect to a computer.
    >>Normally those are the small cassette players. If you have a cassette deck
    >>that is analog, there are converters that you may buy at radioshack and
    >>other stores.

    > BWAHAHAHAH!!! You fucking moronic cuntwipe.

    <yawn again>

    Still here, K-Snatch-a-Man? This is another forgery of Boomer.
    WiffleWoman, Feb 2, 2004
  7. Davant95

    Wiffle Woman Guest

    Oh, **** off and die, you smelly fat slut.
    Wiffle Woman, Feb 2, 2004
  8. Davant95

    DaveJ Guest

    "Davant95" <> wrote in message
    > I need to find out if there is any hardware card or interpace to plug a
    > cassette deck unit to the computer so I can record the music to the CD.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Davant95

    Plug the deck into the line-in on your PC sound card. If the deck has
    headphone out, use 1/4" to 3.5 mil (stereo) adapter and a 3.5 mil male-male
    lead. If it just has the phono outs, you can get a twin phono to 3.5 mil
    lead at most electrical stores. Use something like cDex to record from
    Analog in (as a WAV file), then burn to CD (you can convert the WAV to MP3
    if you want to save a bit of space).

    regards,
    DaveJ.
    DaveJ, Feb 7, 2004