CasperXP clone software question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dave C., Jul 14, 2005.

  1. Dave C.

    Dave C. Guest

    I have downloaded CasperXP clone software and getting ready to use it. I am
    planning to get an external drive using USB 2.0. The purpose is to have a
    clone backup of my C: drive (80 megs with about 40 megs of data, single
    partition) in the event that my C: drive gets corrupted. (I had a recent
    unexplanable event where some of my programs got corrupted.)

    I am looking for any advice and tips from any CasperXP users that may be
    helpful. Also, has anyone had to restore their C: drive from a CasperXP
    backup and was it effective and trouble free?

    I assume that if my C: drive crashed, I'd go into the BIOS, set it for
    booting from the cloned drive hooked to a USB port, then copy the clone
    drive to the C: drive (after formatting, I guess.)

    OS is XP, P4, 1 meg ram

    --
    Dave C.

    9et

    Remove the five 9's (leave the 4) for email.

    Dave C., Jul 14, 2005