    pointers would be appreciated.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Jan 20, 2007

  2. Ed Ruf  (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

    irwell Guest

    On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 13:57:12 -0500, "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN
    SIG!)" <> wrote:

    >Does anyone have any experience disassembling a Casio Z-750 or similar
    >model in order to clean the sensor? I've got almost half a dozen large
    >black smudges showing in all photos where the aperture is small. I'm
    >guessing I've had some condensation issues inside the camera. Any help of
    >pointers would be appreciated.

    There was something on one of the Russian websites,
    for a Canon, I think.
    Anyway the whole procedure looked very precarious.

    irwell, Jan 20, 2007

  3. Ed Ruf  (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

    babaloo Guest

    Unless taking things apart that cannot be put back together is your hobby
    DON'T DO IT!

    babaloo, Jan 21, 2007
  4. On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 01:34:03 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "babaloo"
    <> wrote:

    >Unless taking things apart that cannot be put back together is your hobby
    >DON'T DO IT!

    Duh! Not very helpful. The request for info is an attempt to gauge what is
    involved to determine when/if I might give it a try. The only other
    alternative is to send it in to Casio, though I wonder if the cost
    associated would be worth it to me. As it is my patience for dealing with
    the images in post processing is wearing thin.
    http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/Z_750/smudges.html

    So here's a fixed lens, metal case camera that goes against the endless
    diatribe of our resident loon Rich.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Jan 21, 2007
  5. Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:

    >> Unless taking things apart that cannot be put back together is your
    >> hobby DON'T DO IT!

    > Duh! Not very helpful. The request for info is an attempt to gauge
    > what is involved to determine when/if I might give it a try. The only
    > other alternative is to send it in to Casio, though I wonder if the
    > cost associated would be worth it to me. As it is my patience for
    > dealing with the images in post processing is wearing thin.
    > http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/Z_750/smudges.html

    Here's an idea that might have potential. Why don't you just blow some
    compressed air into the seams of the camera? At this point it is worth the
    gamble. You might get lucky and knock the crap off the sensor instead of
    kicking up more internal dust. It beats the hell out of disassembly if that
    thing is complicated.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Jan 21, 2007
  6. Ed Ruf  (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)

    Roy G Guest

    "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone have any experience disassembling a Casio Z-750 or similar
    > model in order to clean the sensor? I've got almost half a dozen large
    > black smudges showing in all photos where the aperture is small. I'm

    Hi Ed

    There was a posting fairly recently concerning cleaning the sensor on a
    Canon P & S. The poster gave this link to a pictorial description of how to
    do it.

    http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1009&message=18038181

    The cameras may be different, but the basic principles will be very similar,
    and the internal workings will probably also be similar. Even if not, at
    least it will give you an idea.

    I mentioned that the Battery should be removed, because the Flash Capacitor
    can give you quite a jolt if it is still holding a charge.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Jan 21, 2007
  7. On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 08:09:51 -0500, in rec.photo.digital Rita Ä Berkowitz
    <ritaberk2O04 @aol.com> wrote:
    >Here's an idea that might have potential. Why don't you just blow some
    >compressed air into the seams of the camera? At this point it is worth the
    >gamble. You might get lucky and knock the crap off the sensor instead of
    >kicking up more internal dust. It beats the hell out of disassembly if that
    >thing is complicated.

    No offense, but I tried that from a hand can duster prior to posting. I'm
    not will to try anything higher pressure than this. I'm a bit more
    conservative than you and your Nikon cleaning system, even though I have
    easy access to compressed N2 at pressures higher than a standard K bottle
    and in much, much greater quantity. :)
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Jan 25, 2007