    But, the camera never charges. Any advice?

    This camera uses a non-standard rectangular LiOn NP-20 3.7v battery, so
    I can't easily charge it in something else.

    David Phillip Oster, Oct 26, 2006

  2. David Phillip Oster

    Guest

    David Phillip Oster wrote:
    > I've got a Casio EX S2. When I put it on its charger, the charger,
    > instead showing its normal red LED charging indicator, that turns green
    > when the camera is charged shows an amber indicator.
    >
    > The manual says that an amber indicator means "Charge Standby".
    > And a web search for this make and indication says it means that that
    > the charger thinks the camera is too hot or too cold to actually charge
    > the battery. It is supposed to move to the "charging" state when the
    > camera goes to room temperature.
    >
    > But, the camera never charges. Any advice?

    It may also mean the battery is no longer within operational limits and
    the charger is rejecting it. That's just a guess - it could be the
    charger itself, the connection,...

    How old is the battery, and how many times (roughly) would you have
    charged it? Why not buy another and test it out?

    (Read at own risk) Sometimes an over discharged battery can be
    'kick-started' by applying a suitable voltage to it from a source other
    than the charger, but you really need to know what you are doing (and
    wear safety glasses!)...

    > This camera uses a non-standard rectangular LiOn NP-20 3.7v battery, so
    > I can't easily charge it in something else.

    , Oct 26, 2006