    expensive than buying over the Internet from a
    reliable place like B&H Photo.

    -- Yip
    Yip Yap, Nov 12, 2003

  2. Yip Yap

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Yip Yap" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I saw the various Casio cameras at a special
    > display at the Sunnyvale Fry's today. These
    > little cameras are wonders of engineering. Does
    > anyone have opinions about the he pictures they can
    > take?
    >
    > Fry's had the Canon 300D with lens for the special
    > price of $997, which is about $2 less than what
    > others are selling it for. For $2 more I would rather
    > buy it from Keeble and Schucat in Palo Alto. They
    > will let me try it hands-on with everything else they
    > sell, including pretty much every lens made by Canon.
    >
    > Unfortunately, both of these prices don't account for
    > California sales tax, which makes things a lot more
    > expensive than buying over the Internet from a
    > reliable place like B&H Photo.

    I had to drive 250 miles to get mine, and it was the last boxed one they had
    ($997 at Comp USA for the kit). The guy behind me couldn't even get a
    discount on the tethered display sample.
    PhotoMan, Nov 12, 2003

  3. I would suggest that a reputable store like Keeble and Shucat (a *very* good
    camera store on the San Francisco Peninsula... one of the few remaining) is
    well worth the extra $50-60 (not the $85 sale tax because I assume there
    will be some shipping involved) vs buying one from B&H Photo.

    Keeble & Shucat will demonstrate the camera for you, allow you to play with
    it in the store, and help you with any problems you might have down the
    road. My guess is that, if it suddenly went dead after a couple of weeks,
    they might even replace it for you instead of sending it off for repair.

    --Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
    http://www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

    Mike Jacoubowsky, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Yip Yap

    dsco Guest

    (Yip Yap) wrote:

    >I saw the various Casio cameras at a special
    >display at the Sunnyvale Fry's today. These
    >little cameras are wonders of engineering. Does
    >anyone have opinions about the he pictures they can
    >take?

    I have a Casio Exilim EX-M2, and I like it, it's small enough that I can
    always carry it with me. It's fine for 4" prints which is almost all I
    ever do, but I did make a couple of 8x10 from it that were good enough.
    Plus, the little movies are a kick.

    dsco, Nov 16, 2003