    type of damage as I would have suspected that I would no teven be able to
    take photos little alone preview them. After I tried to load them onto the
    computer and it locked the camera would not work again either
    Angela Ross, Sep 30, 2005

  2. Angela Ross

    XP Guest

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:35:48 +1200, "Angela Ross" <>
    wrote:

    >I have a buggered Casio QV-R51 camera. The camera would take pictures and I
    >could preview them but when I tried to load them onto my computer using the
    >USB cable my camera locked up. It was sent away for repair and they told me
    >it was repaired. About the same time I purchased a HP I extreme new
    >computer which has card slots in the computer to do the pictures so I had
    >been using this but about a week after I had it back I decided to use the
    >USB cable and low and behold the whole camera locked up. I took it back to
    >the shop and it has been away some time and I had to go chasing it only to
    >be told that from a new computer which has anti virus software on as well as
    >History Kill, and Spybot and Ad-Aware that my camera had a virus ad aware to
    >be exact which had destroyed the main board and would cost as much as the
    >camera would be to new to repair. I had Toshiba PDR M4 prior to this camera
    >and have never had any trouble with. Also on the warranty card they state
    >that reconditioned parts are used in repairs. Does anyone know if this is
    >the norm. I am not impressed at all as this camera has not had a hard lot
    >of use. Can anyone tell me can a virus gett o a digital camera and do that
    >type of damage as I would have suspected that I would no teven be able to
    >take photos little alone preview them. After I tried to load them onto the
    >computer and it locked the camera would not work again either

    You have been coned
    XP, Sep 30, 2005

  3. Angela Ross

    John Guest

    On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 00:10:29 +1200, XP wrote:

    > On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:35:48 +1200, "Angela Ross" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I have a buggered Casio QV-R51 camera. The camera would take pictures and I
    >>could preview them but when I tried to load them onto my computer using the
    >>USB cable my camera locked up. It was sent away for repair and they told me
    >>it was repaired. About the same time I purchased a HP I extreme new
    >>computer which has card slots in the computer to do the pictures so I had
    >>been using this but about a week after I had it back I decided to use the
    >>USB cable and low and behold the whole camera locked up. I took it back to
    >>the shop and it has been away some time and I had to go chasing it only to
    >>be told that from a new computer which has anti virus software on as well as
    >>History Kill, and Spybot and Ad-Aware that my camera had a virus ad aware to
    >>be exact which had destroyed the main board and would cost as much as the
    >>camera would be to new to repair. I had Toshiba PDR M4 prior to this camera
    >>and have never had any trouble with. Also on the warranty card they state
    >>that reconditioned parts are used in repairs. Does anyone know if this is
    >>the norm. I am not impressed at all as this camera has not had a hard lot
    >>of use. Can anyone tell me can a virus gett o a digital camera and do that
    >>type of damage as I would have suspected that I would no teven be able to
    >>take photos little alone preview them. After I tried to load them onto the
    >>computer and it locked the camera would not work again either
    >>

    > You have been coned

    What flavour?

    Regards,
    John.
    John, Sep 30, 2005
  4. "Angela Ross" <> wrote in message
    >I have a buggered Casio QV-R51 camera. The camera would take pictures and I
    >could preview them but when I tried to load them onto my computer using the
    >USB cable my camera locked up. It was sent away for repair and they told
    >me it was repaired. About the same time I purchased a HP I extreme new
    >computer which has card slots in the computer to do the pictures so I had
    >been using this but about a week after I had it back I decided to use the
    >USB cable and low and behold the whole camera locked up. I took it back to
    >the shop and it has been away some time and I had to go chasing it only to
    >be told that from a new computer which has anti virus software on as well
    >as History Kill, and Spybot and Ad-Aware that my camera had a virus ad
    >aware to be exact which had destroyed the main board and would cost as much
    >as the camera would be to new to repair. I had Toshiba PDR M4 prior to
    >this camera and have never had any trouble with. Also on the warranty card
    >they state that reconditioned parts are used in repairs. Does anyone know
    >if this is the norm. I am not impressed at all as this camera has not had
    >a hard lot of use. Can anyone tell me can a virus gett o a digital camera
    >and do that type of damage as I would have suspected that I would no teven
    >be able to take photos little alone preview them. After I tried to load
    >them onto the computer and it locked the camera would not work again either

    No, you are in the right - they cannot prove your computer has a virus
    firstly.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Oct 1, 2005
  5. Angela Ross

    Jerry Guest

    John wrote:
    > On Sat, 01 Oct 2005 00:10:29 +1200, XP wrote:
    >

    >>On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 20:35:48 +1200, "Angela Ross" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have a buggered Casio QV-R51 camera. The camera would take pictures and I
    >>>could preview them but when I tried to load them onto my computer using the
    >>>USB cable my camera locked up. It was sent away for repair and they told me
    >>>it was repaired. About the same time I purchased a HP I extreme new
    >>>computer which has card slots in the computer to do the pictures so I had
    >>>been using this but about a week after I had it back I decided to use the
    >>>USB cable and low and behold the whole camera locked up. I took it back to
    >>>the shop and it has been away some time and I had to go chasing it only to
    >>>be told that from a new computer which has anti virus software on as well as
    >>>History Kill, and Spybot and Ad-Aware that my camera had a virus ad aware to
    >>>be exact which had destroyed the main board and would cost as much as the
    >>>camera would be to new to repair. I had Toshiba PDR M4 prior to this camera
    >>>and have never had any trouble with. Also on the warranty card they state
    >>>that reconditioned parts are used in repairs. Does anyone know if this is
    >>>the norm. I am not impressed at all as this camera has not had a hard lot
    >>>of use. Can anyone tell me can a virus gett o a digital camera and do that
    >>>type of damage as I would have suspected that I would no teven be able to
    >>>take photos little alone preview them. After I tried to load them onto the
    >>>computer and it locked the camera would not work again either
    >>>

    >>You have been coned

    > What flavour?

    Wrong cone, he means
    http://www.movietome.com/movietome/servlet/MovieMain/movieid-1595/Coneheads/