    did a goodsearch and basically the word out there is that there should
    be no problemo, therefore, no alternative drivers are available. But
    damn, it doesn't work worth crap. Any ideas?

    t.racer, Dec 26, 2006

  2. t.racer wrote:
    > I'm having a problem with my Casio QV-8000sx. It works great on my
    > old desktop with Windows 98, but since that hard drive is too full I
    > thought, why not transfer photos onto my laptop with Windows XP?
    > Well, it doesn't work! There's some problem with the USB driver. I
    > did a goodsearch and basically the word out there is that there should
    > be no problemo, therefore, no alternative drivers are available. But
    > damn, it doesn't work worth crap. Any ideas?

    Does your desktop have a Cd-writer? If so transfer some of the crap onto a
    CD-rom, then copy the photos to the space you have created, then copy to
    another CD-Rom, thence to the laptop.

    Dennis Pogson, Dec 26, 2006

  3. t.racer

    Roy G Guest

    "t.racer" <> wrote in message
    > I'm having a problem with my Casio QV-8000sx. It works great on my
    > old desktop with Windows 98, but since that hard drive is too full I
    > thought, why not transfer photos onto my laptop with Windows XP?
    > Well, it doesn't work! There's some problem with the USB driver. I
    > did a goodsearch and basically the word out there is that there should
    > be no problemo, therefore, no alternative drivers are available. But
    > damn, it doesn't work worth crap. Any ideas?

    Hi

    Buy yourself a card reader, and use that to make the transfer.

    You should, of course, have saved you images to Cd from your desktop, so
    that its HDD did not get full.

    Or buy another HDD, they are much bigger, and chaper, nowadays than when you
    got your Win 98 machine.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Dec 26, 2006