    When I recorded video on my exilim, it played back on the camera fine.
    However, when I transferred the files to the computer, it only shows it
    as WAV Audio and only plays the audio of it. any ideas?

    Ratedr, Jan 4, 2007

  2. Ratedr

    tomm42 Guest

    On Jan 4, 8:35 am, "Ratedr" <> wrote:
    > When I recorded video on my exilim, it played back on the camera fine.
    > However, when I transferred the files to the computer, it only shows it
    > as WAV Audio and only plays the audio of it. any ideas?

    What computer, what OS, I believe you need Windows Media Player 7
    (could be 9) for windows to play some of the later video formats.

    Tom

    tomm42, Jan 4, 2007

  3. Ratedr

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    tomm42 wrote:

    > On Jan 4, 8:35 am, "Ratedr" <> wrote:
    >> When I recorded video on my exilim, it played back on the camera fine.
    >> However, when I transferred the files to the computer, it only shows it
    >> as WAV Audio and only plays the audio of it. any ideas?

    > What computer, what OS, I believe you need Windows Media Player 7
    > (could be 9) for windows to play some of the later video formats.

    Clips are AVI, I think. Quicktime will play them.
    Media Player should do as well.

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Jan 4, 2007
  4. On 4 Jan 2007 05:35:39 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "Ratedr"
    <> wrote:

    >When I recorded video on my exilim, it played back on the camera fine.
    >However, when I transferred the files to the computer, it only shows it
    >as WAV Audio and only plays the audio of it. any ideas?

    The video clips are saved as MPEG-4 compressed AVIs by the camera. Exactly
    how did you transfer them and what platform are you trying to look at them
    on, with what software?
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Jan 6, 2007