    something else which has to be considered when making video clips? Does the
    normal SC Card perform worse since its write speed isn't the same as the
    newer and more expensive memory cards?
    Sigi Rindler, May 29, 2006

  2. Sigi Rindler

    philo Guest

    "Sigi Rindler" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
    > Is there anybody who owns this model? I want to buy it, and Casio and CNET
    > mention for example 1 or 2GB SD Cards for it. Someone else says that he

    uses
    > a miniSD Card in this model. Maybe both can be used... but is there
    > something else which has to be considered when making video clips? Does

    the
    > normal SC Card perform worse since its write speed isn't the same as the
    > newer and more expensive memory cards?

    Obviously you'd go with what the manufacturer of the camera says rather than
    what "some else" says...
    though I think you can possibly get an adaptor to use a "mini" card in a
    standard sd slot.

    BTW: I have the older, 7.2 megapixel version of that camera and it works
    great!!!!

    I am currently in a photoshow exhibiting 13 x19 prints that were taken with
    my Casio.
    The videos are great too, Work surprising well in low light situations
    philo, May 29, 2006

  3. Sigi Rindler

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 29 May 2006 19:32:52 +0900, Sigi Rindler wrote:

    > Is there anybody who owns this model? I want to buy it, and Casio and CNET
    > mention for example 1 or 2GB SD Cards for it. Someone else says that he
    > uses a miniSD Card in this model. Maybe both can be used... but is there
    > something else which has to be considered when making video clips? Does
    > the normal SC Card perform worse since its write speed isn't the same as
    > the newer and more expensive memory cards?

    I own an Exilim EX-Z55 and the normal SD card provides near camcorder FPS
    playback.

    Meat Plow, May 29, 2006
  4. Sigi Rindler

    Sigi Rindler Guest

    > Obviously you'd go with what the manufacturer of the camera says rather
    > than
    > what "some else" says...
    > though I think you can possibly get an adaptor to use a "mini" card in a
    > standard sd slot.
    >
    > BTW: I have the older, 7.2 megapixel version of that camera and it works
    > great!!!!
    >
    > I am currently in a photoshow exhibiting 13 x19 prints that were taken
    > with
    > my Casio.
    > The videos are great too, Work surprising well in low light situations

    Thanks for telling...
    In this case I'll just get the standard 2 GB sd card because the price is
    low, and the size is no issue since the camera has a standard SD card slot
    anyway.
    Sigi Rindler, May 29, 2006
  5. Sigi Rindler

    philo Guest

    <snip>

    > Thanks for telling...
    > In this case I'll just get the standard 2 GB sd card because the price is
    > low, and the size is no issue since the camera has a standard SD card slot
    > anyway.

    I'm sure you will really like the camera...

    BTW: The one I have only supports up to a 2 gig SD card...

    (don't know the specs on yours) ....but that should be plenty good!
    philo, May 30, 2006
  6. Sigi Rindler

    Rich Wilson Guest

    > Is there anybody who owns this model? I want to buy it, and Casio and CNET
    > mention for example 1 or 2GB SD Cards for it. Someone else says that he
    > uses a miniSD Card in this model. Maybe both can be used... but is there
    > something else which has to be considered when making video clips? Does
    > the normal SC Card perform worse since its write speed isn't the same as
    > the newer and more expensive memory cards?

    I think you should read the reviews on amazon.co.uk before you buy it...
    basically they say the video performance is terrible.

    By the way, check out Sony's cameras. I've got the DSC-S600 (about half the
    price of the Casio) and it seems to be really good value compared to the
    competition. Image quality is superb for the price.
    Rich Wilson, May 30, 2006