    Could you suggest on casio?

    Thx

    , Sep 26, 2006

  2. bmoag Guest

    The cameras and lenses are very similar apart from the sensor.
    In cameras of this form factor a variety of technical limits exist such that
    there is little quality differences in images taken with sensors above 5
    mps. A disadvantage of the larger sensors is that they will write large
    files that eat up the memory card.
    These pocket size Casios are very, very good for what they are: I would
    avoid the 10mp variant.

    bmoag, Sep 26, 2006

  3. On 26 Sep 2006 07:49:59 -0700, in rec.photo.digital
    wrote:

    >Hi, I want to buy new Casio digital camera....but can't decide between
    >Casio Exilim EX-Z850 vs. Exilim EX-Z1000.
    >Could you suggest on casio?

    I'm pretty happy with my Z750, but I see no advantage to going to any
    higher resolution in this format/sensor size.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Sep 26, 2006
  4. Hebee Jeebes Guest

    I have the 1000 and while it is ok. It is too small for anyone with decent
    sized hands. Also it has some of the worst purple fringing I have ever seen
    in a camera. Beyond that it isn't bad for 10.1MP. I wouldn't buy one. This I
    have on loan from Casio.

    Hebee Jeebes, Sep 27, 2006
  5. abs Guest

    > Hi, I want to buy new Casio digital camera....but can't decide between
    > Casio Exilim EX-Z850 vs. Exilim EX-Z1000.
    > Could you suggest on casio?

    Both cameras are well covered on Ken Rockwell's pages:
    http://www.kenrockwell.com/casio/

    Based on his reviews, I'd go for the Exilim EX-Z850. The EX-Z1000 has
    some regressions like Motion JPEG video (instead of MPEG-4) and a slow
    USB interface which I would not tolerate.

    abs, Oct 6, 2006
  6. Hebee Jeebes Guest

    The 1000 also has some of the worst purple fringing I have ever seen. It
    doesn't happen in all images, but when it happens it happens in a big way.

    Hebee Jeebes, Oct 6, 2006