    any experience with it they would be willing to share (good or bad)?

    TIA,

    Bob
    Robert Kim, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Robert Kim

    Boomer Guest

    Robert Kim wrote:

    > Hi, all. I'm looking for a digital camera for a relative who
    > likes the really small cameras. I'm looking at the Casio EXILIM
    > EX-Z4u. A few possible problems, though:
    >
    > 1. It only support USB 1.1, not USB 2.0. Is this going to be a
    > problem now or in the future?
    >
    > 2. It seems to get good endorsements and reviews. Does anyone
    > here have any experience with it they would be willing to share
    > (good or bad)?
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > Bob

    Hopefully someone comes along shortly to answer your question.

    Please be patient Bob. This is a VERY busy group!

    --
    <sigh>
    Boomer, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Robert Kim

    Robert Kim Guest

    On Wed, 16 Oct 2003, Boomer wrote:

    > Hopefully someone comes along shortly to answer your question.
    >
    > Please be patient Bob. This is a VERY busy group!

    Heh. Thanks, Boomer!
    Robert Kim, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Robert Kim

    Boomer Guest

    Robert Kim wrote:

    > On Wed, 16 Oct 2003, Boomer wrote:
    >
    >> Hopefully someone comes along shortly to answer your question.
    >>
    >> Please be patient Bob. This is a VERY busy group!

    > Heh. Thanks, Boomer!

    I'd post it again here.

    But since you seem to like Off Topic and adding to the congestion
    over there....

    <shrugs>
    Boomer, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Robert Kim

    Mark M Guest

    "Robert Kim" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, all. I'm looking for a digital camera for a relative who likes the
    > really small cameras. I'm looking at the Casio EXILIM EX-Z4u. A few
    > possible problems, though:
    >
    > 1. It only support USB 1.1, not USB 2.0. Is this going to be a problem
    > now or in the future?
    >
    > 2. It seems to get good endorsements and reviews. Does anyone here have
    > any experience with it they would be willing to share (good or bad)?

    Who uses the camera to upload photos???
    Nobody I know.
    Get a card reader, and USB 1 vs. 2 is a non-issue.
    Mark M, Oct 17, 2003
  6. Robert Kim

    dsco Guest

    Robert Kim <> wrote:

    >Hi, all. I'm looking for a digital camera for a relative who likes the
    >really small cameras. I'm looking at the Casio EXILIM EX-Z4u. A few
    >possible problems, though:
    >
    >1. It only support USB 1.1, not USB 2.0. Is this going to be a problem
    >now or in the future?
    >
    >2. It seems to get good endorsements and reviews. Does anyone here have
    >any experience with it they would be willing to share (good or bad)?
    >
    >TIA,
    >
    >Bob

    I have a Casio Exilim EX-M2 that uses USB 1.1. It's not all that fast
    reading from the camera in the cradle, but I just start the pictures
    dumping from the camera to the PC and do something else for a minute or
    two if there are a lot of pictures. But if you want to write TO the
    camera, it's much slower.

    I wouldn't worry about USB 1.1 as far as future compatibility, it should
    be supported under the USB standard for quite a while.

    If the speed bothered me, I'd just get a card reader as the other poster
    mentioned, they're pretty cheap.

    I'm happy with my EX-M2. If your relative focuses on the "really small"
    part, consider the EX-M20 (the followup to the M2) or EX-S20 (lacks audio
    features) instead of the EX-Z4u. The Z4 is about twice as thick as those,
    heavier, and slower. Also, as far as I can tell, the Z4 doesn't have a
    movie mode, which although limited, I've found to be a fun and useful
    feature on my Exilim.

    Other really small cameras to consider:
    - Casio Exilim Z3
    - Canon PowerShot SD10 Digital Elph