    Does anyone have any opinion on either of these two cameras? And does
    anyone have any other recommended camera's with good video features?

    , Dec 16, 2005

  2. bmoag Guest

    There are many reviews of these on the web. The 7mp ultracompacts (e.g.
    EXZ750) all seem to test out similarly. The Casio is highly rated for its
    feature set and MPEG ability.
    Unfortunately the flash is reported as low powered and (because of its
    position on the camera) likely to cause red eye-this is inherent to cameras
    of this size. One purpose of carrying around a tiny camera is to make
    impromptu portraits in social and other situations. If this is something you
    will use the camera for alot you may want to look at physically larger
    cameras with larger onboard flash
    .

    bmoag, Dec 16, 2005

  3. ayoung45 Guest

    so which one would you get?

    ayoung45, Dec 16, 2005
  4. irwell Guest

    On 15 Dec 2005 17:59:32 -0800, wrote:

    >i am looking through the many different digital cameras that are out
    >there for the best price there is. I'm not that much of a photo
    >fanatic so don't care too much of photo quality as long as its pretty
    >good (pretty good for my standards is probably low). what i'm also
    >looking at in a digital camera is the ability to take good videos and
    >to save it into either a SD or Memory Stick Pro Dual card.
    >After looking around a whole bunch of places and reading up, i took the
    >best overall either the casio exilim line of cameras: s500 or ex z750.
    >
    >Does anyone have any opinion on either of these two cameras? And does
    >anyone have any other recommended camera's with good video features?

    Make sure you choose the one with an optical viewfinder,
    LCD scvreen can be a pain on a bright day.

    irwell, Dec 16, 2005
  5. B. Peg Guest

    > Does anyone have any opinion on either of these two cameras? And does
    > anyone have any other recommended camera's with good video features?

    I've got a EX Z750. It is a great little camera and produces some great
    shots. I also have a smaller Pentax Optio S (3 megger) before that and
    liked it as well, except for the smaller screen and the shorter battery
    life. The Casio seems to last well over 300 shots and with a 1 meg SD card
    you're set for a long time. Nice larger LCD screen size too.

    B~

    B. Peg, Dec 16, 2005
  6. bmoag Guest

    Actually I just bought an EXZ750. For a teensy pocket camera it is not bad.
    And I bought it for pocketability more than image quality. It also helps to
    have had a gift certificate that paid for most of the camera.
    The image quality obvious does not compare to a 6-8 mp dSLR or hi end EVF
    camera. Honestly, not even close.
    Although it is a powerful marketing tool the 7mp sensor is overkill. Lens
    quality, noise and other issues are such that one would hardly ever want to
    make prints larger than 5x7 from this camera-based on the few I have had the
    time to make. That being the case realworld, usable image quality is not
    better than what I can get out of my ancient, and sadly failing, 3mp Nikon
    990 (it doesn't always turn on without a thwack to the head--- just like
    me!).
    But the EXZ750 so fricking tiny, takes pretty good movies in a pinch,
    actually fits in your pocket and takes reasonably good snapshots. And the
    LCD screen has optional grid lines too! Take that, Nikon!
    Definite thumbs up for what it is.

    bmoag, Dec 16, 2005
  7. On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 23:21:10 GMT, in rec.photo.digital "bmoag"
    <> wrote:

    >better than what I can get out of my ancient, and sadly failing, 3mp Nikon
    >990 (it doesn't always turn on without a thwack to the head--- just like
    >me!).

    Is this the infamous rotary switch problem? I've had good luck using some
    electronic tuner cleaner/lubricant judiciously applied while working the
    switch on/off. A know issue with the 9xx series.
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Dec 17, 2005