    Wisconsin
    [​IMG]
    Articles URL: http://casemodgod.com/modules.php?name=Contests

    Silverstrand, Sep 19, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    1. Advertising

  3. Silverstrand

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Your point? Affiliates can send more than one news link on a competition.

    Silverstrand, Sep 19, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Why not put a banner up the top of the homepage and leave it there instead of repeatedly posting about it in the forums?

    XhArD, Sep 19, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Ahh, more money shoveled towards ArtByTroy, Corporate Shrill. Don't expect any reciprocal linkback from them.

    The Modfather, Sep 19, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    yer i know hey, we advertise for them, but they cant advertise for us, not very fair in my mind.

    unholy, Sep 20, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    IMHO... SCREW CMG! The bastards!

    The Modfather, Sep 20, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i am glad someone takes it as a concern, its a bit unfair... we give them ppl, and they cant even be nice enough to give us some... well except for Rob :p

    unholy, Sep 21, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Nah they didn't make me come here.... the chance to win a hard drive did but I've only stayed because it's not a bad forum ;)
    And if you advertise them and they don't advertise you then don't advertise them. Simple.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 21, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    i hate when they give out great prizes for mod contests. I can never enter them yet I so want the prizes.

    PUTALE, Sep 21, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I won just for being a member with 5 or more posts that contributed to the forums. They gave away a prize pack each day for a month. I got green uv cable sleeving kit, dual green 12' cold cathodes, 3x ultra 80mm fans, and a retractable USB cable :)

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 21, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i scored a DVI to VGA connector for sitting on my ass and doing nothing... how much betta is that :|
    We only advertise for them case we are nice ppl.

    unholy, Sep 21, 2005
  13. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Yeah but they aren't nice people. One of their staffers tried to steal the Chopper PC idea then when i called him a theif, he got my site taken down and I had to move to a new webhost. They are ... Well I can't use the words I'd like to use because of the profanity filter, but they're the scum of the earth. I hope they rot in hell.

    The Modfather, Sep 21, 2005
  14. Silverstrand

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    I got a free "Got Mods?" shirt from them for just scanning an article from MaxPC from them, and I won some stuff from them a long ways back, so I don't have much against them. But I do agree about their no news system.

    Silverstrand, Sep 21, 2005
  15. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Man, I was a regular there for a year, posted over 1000 messages, contributed how-to guides, advertised them on my website, made my whole site nothing but a link to CMG when I was in the hospital for a month and all I got from them was a big fat F*CK YOU and one of their staff stealing my ideas. They're scumbags.

    The Modfather, Sep 22, 2005
  16. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    sounds like a inverse tangent of our forums,
    i might like to add some rules.
    1# : no stealing ideas of each other
    2# : No being a scumbag
    3# : No Rude messages are to be posted, imediante bans will occur
    4# : Teach me how to spell good
    5# : No hurting people and putting them in hospital.
    Now after all my not current rules are in place "i hope to make this world a better place" - some person who wants to make a difference (1954)

    unholy, Sep 23, 2005
  17. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    so we can hurt people, so long as they don't end up in hospital? :) And just to clarify things, define Scumbag :p

    XhArD, Sep 23, 2005
  18. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Hehehe...
    The #1 rule that I always have worked by when it comes to the modding community is NEVER, under ANY circumstances, put down another person's mod attempts. Because everybody has put time and effort into creating their rig, it might not be as good in my eyes or your eyes as another mod but that's totally irrelevant. Everyone mods for THEIR OWN tastes, not someone else's. So everybody's mod is what they want it to be or a step in that direction. Discouraging a modder is THE BIG SIN at Infinity Customs. Offering constructive criticism in the form of ideas is one thing, but ripping into someone, that's a bannable offense on the very first occurance.
    This was what I believed was the case with CMG, but it wasn't. I was supportive of everyone's mods, no matter whether I liked them or not. I might say "It's not to my tastes but damn, it's nice and shows a lot of effort" but that's as far as I'd go towards saying I didn't like a mod. Which is why, when one of their staff ripped into me, I was so totally floored. Then he lied and said that he wasn't ripping into me. I think Robert can attest to the fact that yeah, he ripped me a new ahole. Then he went and built what was being called "What a Chopper PC should look like". What a huge slap in the face. So when I called him a thief and an arsehole on my site, he complained to my hosting company and they took my site down. Well, I found a new host, a friend of my brother in law, and nobody's touching it this time.
    So anyway, screw CMG, power to the MODDER, not the corporate shrill. Troy (owner of CMG) gets corporate sponsorship to build his "slap a computer in a mannequin/toaster/blow up doll" style mods while some of us struggle to build what we can with our own hard earned money and get no freakin' recognition for it.

    The Modfather, Sep 23, 2005
  19. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    yer hes a bit of a stealer... to the mod community. all those sponsors... does he need them, look i have one and i am so bloody happy to have one! (even though its sunbeam, because if it weren't i probably wouldn't be as happy :))

    unholy, Sep 24, 2005
  20. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Yeah man, but yer not acting like you're above everyone because you've got a sponsor. Also, yer not getting a billion different spots in mags, on other websites, etc etc... And you're not doing the lame, copout mods like throwing a computer in a mannequin and calling it a mod. I don't even know what to call that stuff. It's not modding, it's not custom, it's something else. Wouldn't be a bad thing if he didn't get so many accolades for so little effort.

    The Modfather, Sep 24, 2005