Case query

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by FredG, Aug 26, 2003.

  1. FredG

    FredG Guest

    Hi.

    I'm after a new tower case for a P4 system. One advert I looked at had
    the following in it's specifications;

    Comes with a 350w ATX psu with PIV connector (AMD / XP recommended).
    PSU connectors 5 x 4pin 2 x 3.5 1 x P9 Voltage connector (optional).
    80 x 80mm Side Fan with protected metal grill preinstalled on panel -
    blows air directly over CPU.
    Predrilled PIV screwholes on M/B plate.

    Could anyine please enlighten me as to what PIV means? I thought it
    was P4 written in an odd way, however I dont understand the reference
    to the "predrilled PIV screwholes on M/B plate".

    The advert is the 9th from the top of the "cases" section on
    http://www.eclipse-computers.com/cgi-bin/CheckOut4Pro/bin/nowcgi.cgi?mode=java

    Ta.
    FredG, Aug 26, 2003

  2. FredG

    Pat Guest

    "FredG" <> wrote in message
    > Could anyine please enlighten me as to what PIV means? I thought it
    > was P4 written in an odd way, however I dont understand the reference
    > to the "predrilled PIV screwholes on M/B plate".

    Irwin cases have them too, they're just mounting points for the P-IV and the
    heatsink/fan. They're not required, and without corresponding holes in the
    motherboard, they're not of any use either.
    Pat, Aug 27, 2003