    Any thoughts?

    Cheers

    Kevin
    Kev, Oct 24, 2006

  2. Kev

    Stewy Guest

    In article <453e8a55$0$8718$>,
    "Kev" <0m(replacenumbersforletters)> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a nice snug fitting case for my monster of a digital
    > camera? I like Lowepro but can't see one that will be a snug fit which is a
    > shame as Mymemory have an offer of no p&p on camera bags!

    Most 'made for the camera' bags are rubbish and simply a way to get
    extra cash. Fuji and Sony ease especially infamous for this.

    Take a look in Poundland or similar stores. Here in Japan, many 100 yen
    shops sell all sizes of bags and you simply look for one suitable for
    your camera.
    Stewy, Oct 24, 2006

  3. Kev

    Zen Diver Guest

    Kev wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a nice snug fitting case for my monster of a digital
    > camera? I like Lowepro but can't see one that will be a snug fit which is a
    > shame as Mymemory have an offer of no p&p on camera bags!
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Kevin

    I use a neoprene Zing case
    http://www.tiffen.com/products.html?tablename=zing

    It is quick and easy to remove, almost as quick and easy to replace, and
    because it is so flexible I can just shove it in my pocket when its not
    on the camera.

    jon
    Zen Diver, Oct 25, 2006
  4. "Kev" <0m(replacenumbersforletters)> wrote in
    message news:453e8a55$0$8718$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone recommend a nice snug fitting case for my monster of a
    > digital camera? I like Lowepro but can't see one that will be a
    > snug fit which is a shame as Mymemory have an offer of no p&p on
    > camera bags!
    >
    > Any thoughts?

    I have a Lowepro D-Res 30AW for my G3. It's not snug in the sense of a
    second skin, but it offers good protection and allows to take along a
    spare battery (or power/charge cable) or a cell-phone, and a couple of
    memory cards. It makes it a nice vacation kit.

    --
    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Oct 25, 2006
  5. Kev

    Jack Guest

    "Bart van der Wolf" <> wrote in news:453f687c$0$335
    $4all.nl:

    > "Kev" <0m(replacenumbersforletters)> wrote in
    > message news:453e8a55$0$8718$...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Can anyone recommend a nice snug fitting case for my monster of a
    >> digital camera? I like Lowepro but can't see one that will be a
    >> snug fit which is a shame as Mymemory have an offer of no p&p on
    >> camera bags!

    Frankly, I find that a case just gets in the way. Just let the camera hang
    around your neck, so you can use it quickly. My G3 has been sitting in a
    drawer for over a year. It has a good lens, but the response time is way
    to slow for taking pictures of children. That's why I switched to a DSL
    with a couple of lenses. By the way, my G3 case is now used to hold a 70-
    210 zoom lens. It fits very well.
    Jack, Oct 25, 2006
  6. Kev

    Kev Guest

    To be honest my G3 has sat in it's box for about three years as I was so
    disappointed with the shutter lag. I just looked it out again recently as I
    bought a Sony DSC P200 and thought I would like to compare.

    The quality of the Canon appears much better even at the lower resolution
    4MP compared to 7MP. I intend to give it another go for non action shots at
    least until I can come up with the pennies for the EOS 30D.

    I'm going to skip on the camera case just now, but thanks for the
    suggestions.

    KR

    Kevin

    Kev, Oct 31, 2006