    two hours now. But during the summer it gets up over a hundred. And opinions or
    suggestions? Thanks.

    , Feb 2, 2006

  2. Swiss Tony Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My system (P4 3.2Ghz processor) has five fans. The power supply fan, which

    > assume vents out the back of the case from what I can see; the CPU fan,

    which
    > draws heat AWAY from the chip; a fan in the front of the case, which I

    can't get
    > to without taking the entire case apart which looks dicey and which I

    don't know
    > if it's taking air in or out of the case; a fan I bought that fits into a

    PCI
    > slot which also vents air out of the case, and one other fan in the back

    of the
    > case which currently is venting air OUT also. My understanding is that at

    least
    > one fan should be drawing in outside air. The only one I can see that I

    could
    > easily reverse is the last one I mention in the back of the case. However,

    it is
    > very close to the CPU fan, and I wonder if having it draw air in, would it

    cause
    > a problem blowing the air right towards the CPU fan which is trying to

    vent air
    > out? Right now, according to the digital display on the front of the case,

    the
    > inside temperature of the case is 77 degrees F., the system having been on

    about
    > two hours now. But during the summer it gets up over a hundred. And

    opinions or
    > suggestions? Thanks.

    The one in the front should pump inward.
    Heat travels up so make sure you put air in at the bottom and air out at the
    top.
    Not sure if having to many fans pushing air out and only 1 would effect air
    flow.

    Swiss Tony, Feb 2, 2006

  3. fred-bloggs Guest

    wrote in

    > My system (P4 3.2Ghz processor) has five fans. The power supply fan,
    > which I assume vents out the back of the case from what I can see; the
    > CPU fan, which draws heat AWAY from the chip; a fan in the front of
    > the case, which I can't get to without taking the entire case apart
    > which looks dicey and which I don't know if it's taking air in or out
    > of the case; a fan I bought that fits into a PCI slot which also vents
    > air out of the case, and one other fan in the back of the case which
    > currently is venting air OUT also. My understanding is that at least
    > one fan should be drawing in outside air. The only one I can see that
    > I could easily reverse is the last one I mention in the back of the
    > case. However, it is very close to the CPU fan, and I wonder if having
    > it draw air in, would it cause a problem blowing the air right towards
    > the CPU fan which is trying to vent air out? Right now, according to
    > the digital display on the front of the case, the inside temperature
    > of the case is 77 degrees F., the system having been on about two
    > hours now. But during the summer it gets up over a hundred. And
    > opinions or suggestions? Thanks.

    Only consider the fans actually connecting to the outside.
    Ignoring the CPU fan, you have 4 fans, 2 should suck in and 2 should blow
    out. Air flow should pass from the front / bottom to the back / top.
    My system runs 15-30 degF above room temperature.

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Feb 2, 2006