case backwards <G>

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, Nov 18, 2009.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    About five months ago my company gave me a few training classes on rules
    and regulations concerning hazardous materials and their shipping.

    They realized today I was never tested ,so threw a test at me which I
    flunked. Feeling like a dummy they let me quickly review all the rules
    and regulations,,,then let me re-test...and I passed the second time...
    but still I felt like a dummy.

    Went home to relax and work on a computer someone brought over last
    night...the case was held together will a lot of duct tape...
    the guy who brought it over said he did not know why the case would not fit.

    LOL

    It was one of those cases where the panels slide on and off from the
    *front* rather than the rear.

    Took me all of 30 seconds to figure that one out and made me feel not
    quite so dumb.

    Yep. you guessed it the guy was a PHD!!!!

    (He probably would have passed the rules and regulations test)

    philo, Nov 18, 2009

  2. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The philo Post:
    > About five months ago my company gave me a few training classes on rules
    > and regulations concerning hazardous materials and their shipping.
    >
    > They realized today I was never tested ,so threw a test at me which I
    > flunked. Feeling like a dummy they let me quickly review all the rules
    > and regulations,,,then let me re-test...and I passed the second time...
    > but still I felt like a dummy.
    >

    > Went home to relax and work on a computer someone brought over last
    > night...the case was held together will a lot of duct tape...
    > the guy who brought it over said he did not know why the case would not
    > fit.
    >
    > LOL
    >
    > It was one of those cases where the panels slide on and off from the
    > *front* rather than the rear.
    >
    > Took me all of 30 seconds to figure that one out and made me feel not
    > quite so dumb.
    >
    > Yep. you guessed it the guy was a PHD!!!!
    >
    > (He probably would have passed the rules and regulations test)

    Just wait until tomorrow.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo38, Nov 18, 2009

  3. philo

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The philo Post:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The philo Post:
    >>> About five months ago my company gave me a few training classes on
    >>> rules and regulations concerning hazardous materials and their shipping.
    >>>
    >>> They realized today I was never tested ,so threw a test at me which I
    >>> flunked. Feeling like a dummy they let me quickly review all the
    >>> rules and regulations,,,then let me re-test...and I passed the second
    >>> time...
    >>> but still I felt like a dummy.
    >>>

    >>> Went home to relax and work on a computer someone brought over last
    >>> night...the case was held together will a lot of duct tape...
    >>> the guy who brought it over said he did not know why the case would
    >>> not fit.
    >>>
    >>> LOL
    >>>
    >>> It was one of those cases where the panels slide on and off from the
    >>> *front* rather than the rear.
    >>>
    >>> Took me all of 30 seconds to figure that one out and made me feel not
    >>> quite so dumb.
    >>>
    >>> Yep. you guessed it the guy was a PHD!!!!
    >>>
    >>> (He probably would have passed the rules and regulations test)

    >> Just wait until tomorrow.
    >>

    > Hey
    >
    > I'm not as bad as that Korean woman who took 850 times to pass her
    > driver's test!
    >

    > (Just the written, she still needs to take the "behind the wheel" )

    LOL

    OldGringo38, Nov 19, 2009
  4. philo

    richard Guest

    On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:24:26 -0600, philo wrote:

    > About five months ago my company gave me a few training classes on rules
    > and regulations concerning hazardous materials and their shipping.
    >
    > They realized today I was never tested ,so threw a test at me which I
    > flunked. Feeling like a dummy they let me quickly review all the rules
    > and regulations,,,then let me re-test...and I passed the second time...
    > but still I felt like a dummy.
    >

    > Went home to relax and work on a computer someone brought over last
    > night...the case was held together will a lot of duct tape...
    > the guy who brought it over said he did not know why the case would not fit.
    >
    > LOL
    >
    > It was one of those cases where the panels slide on and off from the
    > *front* rather than the rear.
    >
    > Took me all of 30 seconds to figure that one out and made me feel not
    > quite so dumb.
    >
    > Yep. you guessed it the guy was a PHD!!!!
    >
    > (He probably would have passed the rules and regulations test)

    You live anywhere near evan? Sounds like his speed.

    As for the hazmat stuff, if you're in the office where you need to know
    what is and what ain't hazmat BEFORE the shipping papers get printed, damn
    right you better know the rules. If I was the trucker, who gets inspected
    by that nice DOT officer, and I get fined for wrong paperwork, guess what
    dude? I'm gonna come back right on your face. Because I will your butt into
    court for sure. Your mistake ain't gonna cost me a dime.

    richard, Nov 19, 2009
  5. philo

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:09:52 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:58:26 -0700, richard <> wrote:
    >
    >>You live anywhere near evan? Sounds like his speed.

    > So, tell me richard, when's the last time you've ever put together your
    > own computer? From scratch.
    >
    > Didn't think so. You couldn't even handle *nix, so you had to have your
    > web provider install Windows 2000.
    >
    > You then tried to open a PHP page on your computer. Locally.
    >
    > You state Obama's parents should come forward to admit Obama is a
    > natural born citizen.
    >
    > You claim men and women have a different number of ribs.
    >
    > You claim women don't have an Adam's Apple.
    >
    > You state satellite and GPS cannot operate via line of sight because
    > duh, you can't see the satellite so far in space.
    >
    > And this is just statements you've made in the last, what, 3 months?
    >
    > And you call me stupid?
    >
    > You're so fscking st00pid.. I don't even know where to begin.

    See that other cloud of dust?

    --
    Well, of course, this is just the sort of blinkered philistine pig-
    ignorance I've come to expect from you non-creative garbage! You sit

    Aardvark, Nov 19, 2009
  6. philo

    philo Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My Two
    > Cents To The philo Post:
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >>> Two Cents To The philo Post:

    >>> Just wait until tomorrow.
    >>>

    >> Hey
    >>
    >> I'm not as bad as that Korean woman who took 850 times to pass her
    >> driver's test!
    >>

    >> (Just the written, she still needs to take the "behind the wheel" )

    > LOL

    BTW: I passed my driver's test on the second time...
    but I think that may have been before they had cars <G>

    philo, Nov 19, 2009
  7. philo

    chuckcar Guest

    philo <> wrote in

    > About five months ago my company gave me a few training classes on rules
    > and regulations concerning hazardous materials and their shipping.
    >
    > They realized today I was never tested ,so threw a test at me which I
    > flunked. Feeling like a dummy they let me quickly review all the rules
    > and regulations,,,then let me re-test...and I passed the second time...
    > but still I felt like a dummy.
    >

    > Went home to relax and work on a computer someone brought over last
    > night...the case was held together will a lot of duct tape...
    > the guy who brought it over said he did not know why the case would not
    > fit.
    >
    > LOL
    >
    > It was one of those cases where the panels slide on and off from the
    > *front* rather than the rear.
    >
    > Took me all of 30 seconds to figure that one out and made me feel not
    > quite so dumb.
    >
    > Yep. you guessed it the guy was a PHD!!!!

    Well there's arts majors and then there's scientists and engineers. In
    the university in the city where I live in there's tunnels connecting all
    the buildings. Designed for the maintenance carts that hurtle along at
    ungodly speeds for a 10' wide tunnel. Used mostly by the students however
    esp. in winter. Anyways at one point there's a stairway that has at least 20
    steps separating two sections of the university - arts and science.
    Decades ago some wit wrote "arts sucks" on each of the risers all the way
    down. To this day it remains, no one has ever tried to remove the simple
    white paint.

    There may even be references to it on the net: Carleton University it's
    called.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 19, 2009
  8. philo <> via

    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >> On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 16:55:24 -0600, philo <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Hey
    >>>
    >>> I'm not as bad as that Korean woman who took 850
    >>> times to pass her driver's test!
    >>>

    >>> (Just the written, she still needs to take the "behind the wheel" )

    >> 950 according to the report I read..
    >>
    >> Wow.
    >>

    > Wonder how she'll do on the road!

    Probably fair to say she'll be persistent...

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER'

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 19, 2009
  9. philo

    Jordon Guest

    richard wrote:

    > As for the hazmat stuff, if you're in the office where you need to know
    > what is and what ain't hazmat BEFORE the shipping papers get printed, damn
    > right you better know the rules. If I was the trucker, who gets inspected
    > by that nice DOT officer, and I get fined for wrong paperwork, guess what
    > dude? I'm gonna come back right on your face. Because I will your butt into
    > court for sure. Your mistake ain't gonna cost me a dime.

    WTF are you talking about?

    As a truck driver hauling hazardous materials it's
    *your* job to make sure the paperwork is in order
    before *you* put your name on it.

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Nov 19, 2009
  10. philo

    Tony Guest

    Oh that hellhole Carleton University buried under 6 feet of snow. Isn't that
    where one of the 3 of the Ottawa vermin went or did go? Darrell A. Larose aka
    "Happy Birthday DICK". Chuck the closest you got to Carleton University was
    cutting their lawns.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day on
    the job for potty mouth,

    realm of understandability

    Tony, Nov 19, 2009