Cascading Style Sheet Is Such An Extreme Hazard To Your Privacy

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Radium, Jul 19, 2007.

  1. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is such an extreme hazard to your
    privacy. It allows others on the internet to see your monitor and
    files. It allows them to copy images on your monitor to their
    computers. It also allows them to copy files from your computer to
    their computers. It is dangerous. Avoid at all costs.

    CSS isn't stored in the victim's computer. Instead it is stored in the
    perpetrator's computer. What it does is it reads everything on the
    victim's screen and checks on the victim's visited web pages and can
    even read text from any text or word application being used by the
    victim. CSS is not a security risk and does not trick the victim's
    computer into sending info to the perpetrator. However, this is an
    extreme invasion of the victim's privacy. The victim has no idea that
    he/she is being violated. The assailant can read text and see any
    pictures that happen to be on the victim's monitor without actually
    accessing the victim's computer.

    Your computer may not be at all damaged or touched. However, your
    confidential information can easily be read by the attacker and anyone
    the attacker gives it to. You don't have to download anything, visit
    any website, or even use a browser to be attacked. You just need to be
    connected to the internet and the attacker can strike you.

    Once again, the victim's computer does not store any part of CSS. All
    info and software is stored in the assailant's computer.
    Radium, Jul 19, 2007

  2. Radium wrote:

    > CSS is not a security risk and does not trick the victim's
    > computer into sending info to the perpetrator.

    Then why did you post the rest of that shit?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jul 19, 2007

  3. Radium

    ded Guest

    "Radium" <> wrote in message
    > Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is such an extreme hazard to your
    > privacy.

    But it is 16bit mono designed for discerning google groupers such as
    yourself.
    Matron will be along shortly with your medication.
    ded, Jul 19, 2007
  4. Radium wrote:

    > Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is such an extreme hazard to your
    > privacy.

    You are so full of bullshite your eyes are brown ... <lol!>

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jul 19, 2007
  5. Radium

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    > Once again, the victim's computer does not store any part of CSS. All
    > info and software is stored in the assailant's computer.

    The user has no control of a Web page in using a CSS, none. They wouldn't
    know if a CSS was being used, and it hit them dead in their face.

    http://www.outfront.net/tutorials_02/adv_tech/css1.htm

    However, you are correct in that a CSS or XSS attack not to be confused with
    Cascading Style Sheets can be ran against as user. But it's up to the
    browser, the Web developer, and the Web site to prevent the attack, not the
    end user.

    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/X/XSS.html
    Mr. Arnold, Jul 19, 2007
  6. Radium

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-07-18, Radium <> wrote:
    > Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is such an extreme hazard to your
    > privacy.

    [...]

    I think you are getting confused with "cross-site scripting" which has
    nothing to do with 'cascading style sheets'. The defence against
    malicious cross-site scripting being used to 'attack' your system, is to
    use a decent web browser, keep it up-to-date, and browse the web with your
    brain in gear and your clicking under control.

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Jul 19, 2007