Cascading Style Sheet Is Such A Hazard To Your Privacy ||||

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Radium, May 1, 2006.

  1. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is such a hazard to your privacy. It
    allows others on the internet to see your monitor and files. It allows
    them to copy images on your monitor to their computers. It also allows
    them to copy files from your computer to their computers. It is
    dangerous. Avoid at all costs.

    CSS isn't stored in the victim's computer. Instead it is stored in the
    perpetrator's computer. What it does is it reads everything on the
    victim's screen and checks on the victim's visited web pages and can
    even read text from any text or word application being used by the
    victim. CSS is not a security risk and does not trick the victim's
    computer into sending info to the perpetrator. However, this is an
    extreme invasion of the victim's privacy. The victim has no idea that
    he/she is being violated. The assailant can read text and see any
    pictures that happen to be on the victim's monitor without actually
    accessing the victim's computer.

    Your computer may not be at all damaged or touched. However, your
    confidential information can easily be read by the attacker and anyone
    the attacker gives it to. You don't have to download anything, visit
    any website, or even use a browser to be attacked. You just need to be
    connected to the internet and the attacker can strike you.

    Once again, the victim's computer does not store any part of CSS. All
    info and software is stored in the assailant's computer.

    Radium, May 1, 2006

  2. Radium

    Randy Webb Guest

    Radium said the following on 5/1/2006 7:54 AM:
    > Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is such a hazard to your privacy.

    You are such an idiot that you are a hazard to your own privacy.

    > It allows others on the internet to see your monitor and files.

    Prove it you moron.

    > It allows them to copy images on your monitor to their computers.

    Yes, you really are as stupid as you seem.

    > It also allows them to copy files from your computer to their
    > computers. It is dangerous. Avoid at all costs.

    Again, prove it you moron.

    > CSS isn't stored in the victim's computer. Instead it is stored in the
    > perpetrator's computer. What it does is it reads everything on the
    > victim's screen and checks on the victim's visited web pages and can
    > even read text from any text or word application being used by the
    > victim. CSS is not a security risk and does not trick the victim's
    > computer into sending info to the perpetrator. However, this is an
    > extreme invasion of the victim's privacy. The victim has no idea that
    > he/she is being violated. The assailant can read text and see any
    > pictures that happen to be on the victim's monitor without actually
    > accessing the victim's computer.

    You really should seek out a trained psychiatric professional.

    > Your computer may not be at all damaged or touched. However, your
    > confidential information can easily be read by the attacker and anyone
    > the attacker gives it to. You don't have to download anything, visit
    > any website, or even use a browser to be attacked. You just need to be
    > connected to the internet and the attacker can strike you.

    Again, prove it you moron.

    > Once again, the victim's computer does not store any part of CSS. All
    > info and software is stored in the assailant's computer.

    <eyeroll>

    Did you get a worm/virus that is posting this stupid stuff or did you
    dream it up on your own?

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, May 1, 2006

  3. Radium

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Radium" <> wrote in message
    > Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is such a hazard to your privacy. It

    8>< Snip half arsed ramblings

    > Once again, the victim's computer does not store any part of CSS. All
    > info and software is stored in the assailant's computer.

    Twat.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, May 1, 2006
  4. Radium wrote:

    > Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is such a hazard to your privacy. It
    > allows others on the internet to see your monitor and files. It allows
    > them to copy images on your monitor to their computers. It also allows
    > them to copy files from your computer to their computers. It is
    > dangerous. Avoid at all costs.

    Huuh? Forgot to take your prescribed medss for a while, isn't it?

    "Cascading Style Sheets
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    In computing, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) is a stylesheet language used
    to describe the presentation of a document written in a markup language.
    Its most common application is to style web pages written in HTML and
    XHTML, but the language can be applied to any kind of XML document,
    including SVG and XUL. The CSS specifications are maintained by the World
    Wide Web Consortium (W3C). In order to keep CSS standards up to date, it is
    recommended that one validates their coding."
    Linux 2.6.14-mm1 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, May 1, 2006
  5. Radium

    Sandman Guest

    In article <>,
    "Radium" <> wrote:

    > Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is such a hazard to your privacy. It
    > allows others on the internet to see your monitor and files. It allows
    > them to copy images on your monitor to their computers. It also allows
    > them to copy files from your computer to their computers. It is
    > dangerous. Avoid at all costs.
    >
    > CSS isn't stored in the victim's computer. Instead it is stored in the
    > perpetrator's computer. What it does is it reads everything on the
    > victim's screen and checks on the victim's visited web pages and can
    > even read text from any text or word application being used by the
    > victim. CSS is not a security risk and does not trick the victim's
    > computer into sending info to the perpetrator. However, this is an
    > extreme invasion of the victim's privacy. The victim has no idea that
    > he/she is being violated. The assailant can read text and see any
    > pictures that happen to be on the victim's monitor without actually
    > accessing the victim's computer.
    >
    > Your computer may not be at all damaged or touched. However, your
    > confidential information can easily be read by the attacker and anyone
    > the attacker gives it to. You don't have to download anything, visit
    > any website, or even use a browser to be attacked. You just need to be
    > connected to the internet and the attacker can strike you.
    >
    > Once again, the victim's computer does not store any part of CSS. All
    > info and software is stored in the assailant's computer.

    Haha!

    --
    Sandman[.net]

    Sandman, May 1, 2006
  6. Radium

    Hal Rosser Guest

    "Radium" <> wrote in message
    > Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is such a hazard to your privacy. It
    > allows others on the internet to see your monitor and files. It allows
    > them to copy images on your monitor to their computers. It also allows
    > them to copy files from your computer to their computers. It is
    > dangerous. Avoid at all costs.

    We all know that only Bill Gates and Hillary Clinton can see everythiong you
    do - it has nothing to do with CSS.
    :)

    Hal Rosser, May 1, 2006
  7. Radium

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    Radium wrote:
    > Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is such a hazard to your privacy. It
    > allows others on the internet to see your monitor and files. It allows
    > them to copy images on your monitor to their computers. It also allows
    > them to copy files from your computer to their computers. It is
    > dangerous. Avoid at all costs.

    Radium posts in many places on many subjects, and usually the quality
    and tone of the posts are about the same as here. He/she has a talent
    for getting many irate responses. For instance, see his/her post at
    alt.food.wine "My Favorite FANTASTIC Wine! " which got plenty of irate
    post here would be better suited to a html group rather than a
    javascript one.

    cwdjrxyz, May 1, 2006
  8. Radium

    Tim Murray Guest

    On May 1, 2006, Radium wrote:
    > Cascading Style Sheet [.css] is such a hazard to your privacy. It allows
    > others on the internet to see your monitor and files. It allows them to
    > copy images on your monitor to their computers. It also allows them to
    > copy files from your computer to their computers. It is dangerous. Avoid
    > at all costs.
    >
    > CSS isn't stored in the victim's computer. Instead it is stored in the
    > perpetrator's computer. What it does is it reads everything on the
    > victim's screen and checks on the victim's visited web pages and can even
    > read text from any text or word application being used by the victim. CSS
    > is not a security risk and does not trick the victim's computer into
    > sending info to the perpetrator. However, this is an extreme invasion of
    > the victim's privacy. The victim has no idea that he/she is being
    > violated. The assailant can read text and see any pictures that happen to
    > be on the victim's monitor without actually accessing the victim's
    > computer.
    >
    > Your computer may not be at all damaged or touched. However, your
    > confidential information can easily be read by the attacker and anyone the
    > attacker gives it to. You don't have to download anything, visit any
    > website, or even use a browser to be attacked. You just need to be
    > connected to the internet and the attacker can strike you.
    >
    > Once again, the victim's computer does not store any part of CSS. All info
    > and software is stored in the assailant's computer.

    Been through Computing 101 at the local community college, I see.

    Tim Murray, May 2, 2006
  9. Radium

    Jezebel Guest

    'been through' might be charitable. Read the brochure, perhaps.

    Jezebel, May 2, 2006
  10. Radium

    john Q Guest

    On Tue, 2 May 2006 10:46:39 +1000, "Jezebel"
    <> wrote:

    >'been through' might be charitable. Read the brochure, perhaps.
    >

    >> Been through Computing 101 at the local community college, I see.

    I suppose a spammer could do a similar thing with stylesheet files,
    that they do with 1-byte image file web-bugs... Make one unique CSS
    file for each spam they send, and check their web server logs to see
    which CSS file is accessed, and from that determine which of their
    spam messages were read.

    Wasn't there also a vulnerability with IE a while back too, related to
    CSS files? Some buffer overload with an extra long parameter, if I
    remember correctly?

    So, even though the original posting is off-base and incorrect, in
    todays world, you still always have to be cautious

    john Q, May 2, 2006