Carlos: ATI Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 9, 2008.

    1. Advertising

  1. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Carlos Guest

    Yeah, sorry about that, Charlie.
    :)
    They were the 8.3's that saw the light a few days ago.
    Fact is that the last remains of ATI at home are gone since I upgraded my
    son's PC from his ATI video card to an Nvidia based 7900GS.
    We are all on the NVidia bandwagon at home and I am not following ATI so
    closely as before but... I should do it for my good friend Charlie.
    He surely deserves it.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 9, 2008

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Guest

    On Mar 9, 2:52 pm, Carlos <> wrote:
    > Yeah, sorry about that, Charlie.
    > :)
    > They were the 8.3's that saw the light a few days ago.
    > Fact is that the last remains of ATI at home are gone since I upgraded my
    > son's PC from his ATI video card to an Nvidia based 7900GS.
    > We are all on the NVidia bandwagon at home and I am not following ATI so
    > closely as before but... I should do it for my good friend Charlie.
    > He surely deserves it.
    > Carlos
    >
    > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
    >
    > > Missed your announcement this month...

    > >http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=vista64/common-vista64

    > > --
    > > Charlie.
    > >http://msmvps.com/xperts64
    > >http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/charlie.russel

    If you do any linux, you may want to save the old video cards. ATI has
    released a 3D driver. It's a bear to install. Not the driver per se,
    but how to prep the system to use the driver.
    , Mar 9, 2008
  3. Ah, but there are still quite a few of us using the ATI cards here, Carlos,
    not just me, I'm sure. Though I admit, if I were buying a card today...

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 9, 2008