Carl Zeiss photo contest winner (what took it, a camera phone?)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Mar 6, 2009.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Mar 6, 2009

  2. RichA

    Bigguy Guest

    Bigguy, Mar 6, 2009

  3. RichA

    Nomen Nescio Guest

    Since you asked, Re: Carl Zeiss photo contest winner (what took it, a camera
    phone?)

    Exif IFD0

    * Camera Make = Canon
    * Camera Model = Canon PowerShot A700
    * Picture Orientation = normal (1)
    * X-Resolution = 180/1 = 180
    * Y-Resolution = 180/1 = 180
    * X/Y-Resolution Unit = inch (2)
    * Last Modified Date/Time = 2006:03:14 11:05:15
    * Y/Cb/Cr Positioning (Subsampling) = centered / center of pixel array
    (1)

    Exif Sub IFD

    * Exposure Time (1 / Shutter Speed) = 1/60 second = 0.01667 second
    * Lens F-Number/F-Stop = 35/10 = F3.5
    * Exif Version = 0220
    * Original Date/Time = 2006:03:14 11:05:15
    * Digitization Date/Time = 2006:03:14 11:05:15
    * Components Configuration = 0x01,0x02,0x03,0x00 / YCbCr
    * Compressed Bits per Pixel = 5/1 = 5
    * Shutter Speed Value (APEX) = 189/32
    Shutter Speed (Exposure Time) = 1/59.97 second
    * Aperture Value (APEX) = 116/32
    Aperture = F3.51
    * Exposure Bias (EV) = 0/3 = 0
    * Max Aperture Value (APEX) = 116/32 = 3.63
    Max Aperture = F3.51
    * Metering Mode = pattern / multi-segment (5)
    * Flash = Flash fired, auto mode, red-eye reduction mode
    * Focal Length = 13159/1000 mm = 13.16 mm
    * Maker Note =

    Nomen Nescio, Mar 6, 2009
  4. RichA

    Paul Furman Guest

    Re: |GG| Carl Zeiss photo contest winner (what took it, a cameraphone?)

    RichA wrote:
    > What is with the weird textured pattern? It almost looks like it was
    > printed on canvas and rephotographed.
    >
    > http://www.zeiss.de/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/ff8a7b7a369c1549c12570fb0048e952

    Try this link:
    http://www.zeiss.com/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/c9027d13d4f33842c12575600048b4b1
    "Picture taken with: Analogue rangefinder camera with
    Planar T* 2/50 ZM"

    --
    Paul Furman
    www.edgehill.net

    Paul Furman, Mar 6, 2009
  5. RichA

    John A. Guest

    Re: |GG| Carl Zeiss photo contest winner (what took it, a camera phone?)

    On Fri, 06 Mar 2009 10:34:22 -0800, Paul Furman <>
    wrote:

    >RichA wrote:
    >> What is with the weird textured pattern? It almost looks like it was
    >> printed on canvas and rephotographed.
    >>
    >> http://www.zeiss.de/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/ff8a7b7a369c1549c12570fb0048e952

    >Try this link:
    >http://www.zeiss.com/c12567a8003b58b9/Contents-Frame/c9027d13d4f33842c12575600048b4b1
    >"Picture taken with: Analogue rangefinder camera with
    >Planar T* 2/50 ZM"

    So, given that claim, and the differing information in the EXIF, is
    the jpeg posted on the site actually a noisy picture OF the entry? Was
    the entry even a digital shot?

    John A., Mar 7, 2009
  6. RichA

    DRS Guest

    Re: |AX| Re: |GG| Carl Zeiss photo contest winner (what took it, a camera phone?)

    "Paul Furman" <> wrote in message
    > John A. wrote:

    [...]

    >> So, given that claim, and the differing information in the EXIF, is
    >> the jpeg posted on the site actually a noisy picture OF the entry?
    >> Was the entry even a digital shot?

    > Analog rangefinder means film.

    Moreover, I couldn't find the EXIF data given earlier in the image itself.

    DRS, Mar 7, 2009
  7. RichA

    John A. Guest

    Re: |AX| Re: |GG| Carl Zeiss photo contest winner (what took it, a camera phone?)

    On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 18:18:34 +1100, "DRS" <>
    wrote:

    >"Paul Furman" <> wrote in message
    >> John A. wrote:

    >[...]
    >
    >>> So, given that claim, and the differing information in the EXIF, is
    >>> the jpeg posted on the site actually a noisy picture OF the entry?
    >>> Was the entry even a digital shot?

    >> Analog rangefinder means film.

    >Moreover, I couldn't find the EXIF data given earlier in the image itself.

    Huh! You're right!

    Compression - 1 (None)
    ImageDescription - Das Gewinnerbild von Colin Jones, USA.
    Winning image of Mr. Colin Jones, USA.
    Orientation - Top left
    XResolution - 72
    YResolution - 72
    ResolutionUnit - Inch
    Software - Adobe Photoshop 7.0
    DateTime - 2009:02:23 13:34:34
    YCbCrPositioning - Centered
    Copyright - Foto: Carl Zeiss/Photo: Courtesy of Carl Zeiss
    ExifOffset - 328
    SubsecTime - 406
    ColorSpace - sRGB
    ExifImageWidth - 1818
    ExifImageHeight - 1228

    Thumbnail: -
    Compression - 6 (JPG)
    XResolution - 72
    YResolution - 72
    ResolutionUnit - Inch
    JpegIFOffset - 478
    JpegIFByteCount - 3561

    I wonder what image Nomen was reading.

    John A., Mar 7, 2009
  8. In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Rich <> wrote:
    > "Nomen Nescio" <> wrote in

    >> Since you asked, Re: Carl Zeiss photo contest winner (what took it, a
    >> camera phone?)
    >>
    >> Exif IFD0
    >>
    >> * Camera Make = Canon
    >> * Camera Model = Canon PowerShot A700

    > God, that explains it! It looked horrible.

    It doesn't explain it. The "noise" being discussed, if that's what it
    is, doesn't look at all like digital camera noise.

    --
    Chris Malcolm

    Chris Malcolm, Mar 7, 2009