    1. Advertising

  1. unluckylanding

    Deano Guest

    Deano, Nov 13, 2005

  2. unluckylanding

    Trax Guest

    "Deano" <> wrote:

    |>unluckylanding wrote:
    |>> http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/04/suicide.internet/index.html
    |>
    |>I notice mainstream media still can't tell the difference between usenet and
    |>"sites". And I really don't see how alt.suicide.holiday could have an
    |>"archived section", unless they're talking about google groups.

    This gets better, LanceR posted this link http://tinyurl.com/awyom
    2.5 year old news, and it was listed on Cnn.coms front page last week.

    I can't help thinking CNN has an agenda, maybe someone got blasted in
    a newsgroup and is trying to draw attention to them - in a bad way.

    As for an archived section most newsgroups have them, they're called
    FAQs http://tinyurl.com/dbxej is alt.suicide.holiday's. But I think
    the article was talking about this one:
    http://www.cat.pdx.edu/~chuff/holiday.html

    --
    http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_eye_of_god.htm
    Trax, Nov 13, 2005
  3. Trax wrote:

    > |>I notice mainstream media still can't tell the difference between usenet and
    > |>"sites". And I really don't see how alt.suicide.holiday could have an
    > |>"archived section", unless they're talking about google groups.
    >
    > This gets better, LanceR posted this link http://tinyurl.com/awyom
    > 2.5 year old news, and it was listed on Cnn.coms front page last week.
    >
    > I can't help thinking CNN has an agenda, maybe someone got blasted in
    > a newsgroup and is trying to draw attention to them - in a bad way.
    >
    > As for an archived section most newsgroups have them, they're called
    > FAQs http://tinyurl.com/dbxej is alt.suicide.holiday's. But I think
    > the article was talking about this one:
    > http://www.cat.pdx.edu/~chuff/holiday.html

    I started to send a comment to CNN about posting a 2 year old story as
    "news" but then read their privacy policy. They collect all the data
    they can about you or anyone else's information you divulge and then
    send out advertisements, offers, offers for programs, contests or
    newsletters. And they may disclose personally identifiable information
    about you to companies who do not adhere to their privacy policies. In
    other words, they have no privacy policy at all.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 13, 2005
  4. unluckylanding

    dwãçôn Guest

    dwãçôn, Nov 13, 2005
  5. unluckylanding

    Deano Guest

    dwãçôn wrote:
    > "unluckylanding" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/04/suicide.internet/index.html
    >>

    > The worst that can happen in this group, someone reformats their hard
    > drive.

    LOL, dunno might cause some people to top themselves if they lose their
    precious data. :)
    Deano, Nov 13, 2005
  6. unluckylanding

    Plato Guest

    Deano wrote:

    > unluckylanding wrote:
    > > http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/04/suicide.internet/index.html

    > I notice mainstream media still can't tell the difference between usenet and
    > "sites". And I really don't see how alt.suicide.holiday could have an
    > "archived section", unless they're talking about google groups.

    from the article
    "Geo" is another ASH member. He was the same age as Suzanne when
    he joined the group last year and thinks suicide groups
    like ASH actually keep
    people from committing suicide."

    Agreed, cnn doesn't know what a newsgroup is. ie "member", "joining".
    They make it sound like a local VFW club or religious cult.
    Plato, Nov 14, 2005