    problem ". Before lauching myself into something this big,
    I wanted to ask information of any sort, opinions and
    advice from you guys. I thank you all in advance.
    Molecule, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Molecule

    The Geek Guest

    Unless you already have a foot in the door somewhere, you're in for a long
    uphill battle. Although some companies are starting to hire, they're
    requiring massive amounts of experience and some are even wanting college
    degrees, all for the unbelieably low low price of $8 to $10 an hour.

    The Geek, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Molecule

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "The Geek" <> spewed in

    > Unless you already have a foot in the door somewhere, you're in for a
    > long uphill battle. Although some companies are starting to hire,
    > they're requiring massive amounts of experience and some are even
    > wanting college degrees, all for the unbelieably low low price of $8
    > to $10 an hour.

    not true....McDonald's is hiring...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 21, 2004
  4. Molecule

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "Molecule" <>
    spewed in news:a40601c4878f$07f004e0$:

    > Cannot fisically do the job

    or speel

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 21, 2004
  5. Molecule

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again "Molecule" <>
    spewed in news:a40601c4878f$07f004e0$:

    > Before lauching myself into something this big,
    > I wanted to ask information of any sort, opinions and
    > advice from you guys.

    well, I personally think you're a loon, but that's my opinion. now for some
    advice, ask a more specific question.

    > I thank you all in advance.

    yer welcome...

    (If you are willing to work for almost nothing and start at the bottom of
    the heap, then find a low paying break/fix job, move up to working for a
    VAR [google for it] THEN go for the certification)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 21, 2004
  6. Molecule

    Rubber Steve Guest

    "Molecule" <> wrote in message
    > I wanted to ask information of any sort, opinions and
    > advice from you guys. I thank you all in advance.

    I can only speak for the Florida market when I say this: IT is a terrible
    field to try to enter right now, let alone one to try to maintain an income.
    I've heard similar stories from across the country, but maybe some markets
    are better than others. I've got a buddy at Veritas Software making 80K a
    year plus bonuses, and fearing a lay off he has interviewed for other jobs.
    The best offer he has received is 39K a year, with no bonus. Veritas is
    slowly but surely moving everything offshore, like most companies are.

    If you do not have an MIS or a CIS degree, forget it.

    Sales.
    Rubber Steve, Aug 21, 2004
  7. >Veritas is
    >slowly but surely moving everything offshore, like most companies are.

    I understand they are mainly a 'body shop' and as with all 'body
    shops' they look to hire the cheapest bodies (before going bust!!!).

    If your buddy has very good, and I stress 'very good', business
    knowledge, he should look to go freelance. If he's only a 'coder',
    than yup that's all he's worth.

    >If you do not have an MIS or a CIS degree, forget it.

    ... or get one.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 22, 2004
  8. >they're
    >requiring massive amounts of experience and some are even wanting college
    >degrees

    as you would expect.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 22, 2004
  9. >A friend in a similar situation has
    >started this course, bought the books, he says " no
    >problem "

    and suppose he now earns $200k?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 22, 2004
  10. Molecule

    billyw Guest

    have been in same situation.
    was in electronics for a few years (to say the least) hated every second.
    IT was a hobby.. best way to get in is to do your own thing. start your own
    company, with your own angle. most established IT firms still live (wished
    they lived ) in 2000. they're customer service stinks and they actively
    think the end user are all idiots.
    take that and use it against them.. there is money to be made...

    billyw, Aug 22, 2004
  11. Molecule

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.>
    spewed in news::

    >>they're
    >>requiring massive amounts of experience and some are even wanting college
    >>degrees

    > as you would expect.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    It's almost like *gasp* they want the most qualified person!
    Inconcievable...

    (ps. have you watched that movie yet kline?)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 22, 2004
  12. Molecule

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.>
    spewed in news::

    > and suppose he now earns $200k?

    pfffffffffffft 250k easy...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 22, 2004
  13. >(ps. have you watched that movie yet kline?)

    I'm going to have to buy it.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 23, 2004
  14. >> and suppose he now earns $200k?

    >pfffffffffffft 250k easy...

    gee that's a lot of rupees!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 23, 2004
  15. Molecule

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.>
    spewed in news::

    >>(ps. have you watched that movie yet kline?)

    > I'm going to have to buy it.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    or download it illegally...(not that anyone does that....)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 23, 2004
  16. Molecule

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.>
    spewed in news::

    >>pfffffffffffft 250k easy...

    > gee that's a lot of rupees!

    and almost 5 bucks amurican

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Aug 23, 2004
  17. >>>pfffffffffffft 250k easy...

    >> gee that's a lot of rupees!
    >>

    >and almost 5 bucks amurican

    sucky,sucky five dollar

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 24, 2004
  18. >or download it illegally...(not that anyone does that....)

    GOOD LUCK IN PRISON!!!!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 24, 2004
  19. >most established IT firms still live in cookoo land.

    ifypfy

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Aug 24, 2004
  20. Molecule

    Neil Guest

    babbling on and on again The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.>
    spewed in news::

    >>or download it illegally...(not that anyone does that....)

    > GOOD LUCK IN PRISON!!!!!!
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    ***YAWN***
    COME ON STRAIN A BIT!!!!!!!!