    current job I get to do none of and haven't done in 3 years, and try to get
    an entry level job at programming and start over again or keep pursuing the
    MCSE and stay in infrastructure?

    =?Utf-8?B?am9leTc0MDU1?=, Jun 21, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?am9leTc0MDU1?=

    cosmo Guest

    To: =?Utf-8?B?am9leTc0MDU1?=
    > From Newsgroup: microsoft.public.certification
    >
    > Hello, I am in need of some career advice. Let me explain my situation. I
    > graduated in 2004 with a MIS degree. I have been working since my graduation
    > as a "Systems Analyst" basically doing helpdesk, support, sever upkeep, etc.
    > and at the same time I am working on my MSCE. My company sent us to a
    > Microsoft Trainer to go through the MCSE 2003 courses. In school, I studied
    > known of this, all of my classes were programming, DB's, Business mgmt. and
    > etc. Now, where I work we hired a "developer" about a year ago to come in

    and
    > do some sharepoint and SQL stuff and things like that and he just left us to
    > make $70,000 doing nothing but developing for PDA's, cell phones and etc.

    So,
    > you may already know where I am going with this. What should I do? I know

    for
    > a fact if I want to stay in Infrastructure that I MUST get my MSCE or else I
    > will never get out of support which is quite frankly the low in of the
    > barrell for IT. So should I go with developing, which by the way since at my
    > current job I get to do none of and haven't done in 3 years, and try to get
    > an entry level job at programming and start over again or keep pursuing the
    > MCSE and stay in infrastructure?
    > --- Synchronet 3.13a-Win32 NewsLink 1.83

    Good points. I am stuck in hardware field service as I do not have a MCSE, just
    a MCP and a bunch of hardware certs. I must get that MCSE and a CCNA to get
    that admin job. As for programming, I don't want to touch that, but the
    developers make some serious $$$, and I believe that a Microsoft developer cert
    could go a long way for you. Sound accurate?

    Cosmo
    OhioFreenet.org
    --- Synchronet 3.13a-Win32 NewsLink 1.83
    * Ohio Free Net - Elyria, Ohio - telnet://ohiofreenet.org

    cosmo, Jun 24, 2007

  3. I have also the same predicament, the difference is that I am an MCSE in
    WIndows 2003 but my job currently in on retail business. I really want to
    concetrate in Windows Server environment enhanced what I learned. It's very
    difficult to decide if your a family man priorities are becoming different.

    A little advise please.

    Aries

    =?Utf-8?B?YXJpZXM=?=, Jul 24, 2007