    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 6, 2005

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Barb Bowman Guest

    I think alot of these gigE pccards use the realtek chips which means
    you should be able to force install the generic drivers on the realtek
    tw site.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Oct 6, 2005

  3. Yeah, I'm hoping that's true, since RealTek has been good about drivers.
    However, I'd really like to confirm it before I start ordering hardware I'd
    otherwise have no use for at all. And so far, I haven't found any card that
    definitely says it supports x64 Edition. :(

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 6, 2005
  4. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Barb Bowman Guest

    green light on the Dlink. inbox driver for x64 (and Vista 64 altho
    currently I can't get any cardbus cards to work on the Ferrari as
    devman reports no available resources and the acer 64 driver reports
    wrong version and won't install on 5219).

    Barb Bowman, Oct 8, 2005
  5. Charlie Russel - MVP

    Barb Bowman Guest

    and as I suspected, realtek...

    Barb Bowman, Oct 8, 2005
  6. Great, Barb. Thanks for the report back. I've ordered one and hopefully it
    will let me set up the Ferrari as the control machine for Windows Server
    2003 Compute Cluster Solution.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 8, 2005
  7. Just got it this morning (check the blog post.<g>), and I can report it
    works just fine. Ignore the dlink driver disk -- it's both useless and
    unneeded in x64 Edition. Just plug it in and it's recognized and working.
    Nice case for it, too. :)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64