    at home, but that is not available for download.

    Many thanks

    Ciara

    Ciara O'Carroll, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Ciara O'Carroll

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Ciara O'Carroll" <> wrote in
    news:bgqner$vm8$:

    > Can anyone point me in the right direction - where can i find software
    > that won't take all day to download?

    Just bring a CompactFlash card reader. Many can be installed as a "USB Mass
    Storage device" in WindowsXP without any drivers!

    Or try plugging in your camcorder without any drivers... it may load up as
    a mass storage device as well (if using Windows XP). otherwise, your camera
    may only need a tiny USB driver.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()

    Lucas Tam, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Beware Ciara,

    While Lucas is correct to recommend a card reader the Canon camcorders use
    Secure Digital (SD)/Multi Media Cards (MMC), for recording images and NOT
    compact flash cards. This is due to their smaller size and all companies use
    them apart from Sony who jave Memory Sticks.

    Cheers,
    Stephen

    Stephen Leslie, Aug 7, 2003