    recognise it nor does it give an error code of any type. i have tried
    different brands and types, still nothing happens.

    my pc is running vista home, all help appreciated.

    the_niner_nation, Feb 19, 2008

  2. the_niner_nation

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2008-02-19, the_niner_nation <> wrote:
    > Hi..I have just got a new PC with an in-built card reader for sd
    > cards,compact flash cards etc and whilst I have noticed these device 'slots'
    > in ' my computer', whenever i put in a compact flash, the computer dosnt
    > recognise it nor does it give an error code of any type. i have tried
    > different brands and types, still nothing happens.
    >
    > my pc is running vista home, all help appreciated.

    Complain to the shop you bought it from. Complain to the maker, too. You
    should have drivers for all the hardware, if the machine was sold with a
    pre-installed operating system. And the hardware should work, if it's
    new.

    Or, you could buy yourself one of the many quite cheap multi-card readers
    that connect via USB; they tend to 'just work'.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Feb 19, 2008

  3. the_niner_nation

    Guest

    "the_niner_nation" <> wrote:

    >Hi..I have just got a new PC with an in-built card reader for sd
    >cards,compact flash cards etc and whilst I have noticed these device 'slots'
    >in ' my computer', whenever i put in a compact flash, the computer dosnt
    >recognise it nor does it give an error code of any type. i have tried
    >different brands and types, still nothing happens.
    >
    >my pc is running vista home, all help appreciated.

    I've got one of those readers (XP) and it shows like 4 drives that are
    never used, only one that ever would be used, so I turned them off.

    Might see if yours are active:
    Start | Run <type in>
    devmgmt.msc
    <enter>

    They will be listed under Disk drives and have a red X if they have
    been disabled.
    --

    doubleTwist desktop enables you to easily share media with
    friends and sync with popular devices. (DVD Jon Creates DRM Killer)

    , Feb 19, 2008