card reader exception error

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Zippy, Jul 28, 2008.

  1. Zippy

    Zippy Guest

    My friend bought a new USB card reader. When she tries to access it
    using Windows Explorer, she gets the following error:

    Exception processing message c000013 Parameters 7722bf9c 4 and more of
    the same.

    Sometimes it hangs and other times she can actually get to the pictures
    on the card, though the error message keeps popping up.

    I don't have the make of card & reader to hand, though I can find that
    out.

    It works fine on my PC & on others. One other PC she tried gave the
    same error. As it happens, both those PCs were set up by the same PC
    technician, though I don't know whether that's connected.

    What can the problem be?
    Thanks.
    --
    Zippy S

    Zippy, Jul 28, 2008

  2. On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:53:30 +0300, Zippy <>
    wrote:

    >My friend bought a new USB card reader. When she tries to access it
    >using Windows Explorer, she gets the following error:
    >
    >Exception processing message c000013 Parameters 7722bf9c 4 and more of
    >the same.
    >
    >Sometimes it hangs and other times she can actually get to the pictures
    >on the card, though the error message keeps popping up.
    >
    >I don't have the make of card & reader to hand, though I can find that
    >out.
    >
    >It works fine on my PC & on others. One other PC she tried gave the
    >same error. As it happens, both those PCs were set up by the same PC
    >technician, though I don't know whether that's connected.
    >
    >What can the problem be?
    >Thanks.
    >--
    >Zippy S

    This may be totally incorrect, but I have a problem with my old Dazzle
    card reader. It is USB1 and sometimes gives trouble on one or another
    PC. Also, another possibility - Windows 98 Second Edition does not
    work well with USB2. And maybe I'm on the wrong track!

    Olin McDaniel

    To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
    "Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
    the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."

    Olin K. McDaniel, Jul 29, 2008

  3. Zippy

    Joel Connor Guest

    On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 01:54:06 -0500, Saasouh
    <> wrote:

    >Hi, got the same prob....but my anti-virus prog blocked an unknown virus
    >
    >COMUSTUIDLL.EXE.
    >
    >solution:
    >Go to start run, and type regedit, and search the entire registry for
    >COMUSTUIDLL.EXE and Delete all, Then go to
    >%systemroot%\windows\system32\COMUSTUIDLL.EXE and delete it there also!
    >

    >Reboot pc,
    >
    >Should be gone...!
    >Zippy;748145 Wrote:
    >> My friend bought a new USB card reader. When she tries to access it
    >> using Windows Explorer, she gets the following error:
    >>
    >> Exception processing message c000013 Parameters 7722bf9c 4 and more of
    >> the same.
    >>
    >> Sometimes it hangs and other times she can actually get to the pictures
    >>
    >> on the card, though the error message keeps popping up.
    >>
    >> I don't have the make of card & reader to hand, though I can find that
    >> out.
    >>
    >> It works fine on my PC & on others. One other PC she tried gave the
    >> same error. As it happens, both those PCs were set up by the same PC
    >> technician, though I don't know whether that's connected.
    >>
    >> What can the problem be?
    >> Thanks.
    >> --
    >> Zippy S

    If the suggestion above doesn't help, try Microsoft's "FixIt". The last
    known filename I have here is "MicrosoftFixit50028.msi" It is specifically
    designed to repair some USB driver conflicts. Though be warned, it might
    change some other OS behaviors. Some have reported other problems after
    using it. My system became painfully slow to reboot cleanly after using it,
    the drive thrashing for a long time after boot-up. But when it's finally
    done booting it works as before, and did repair a USB driver problem that I
    had with a USB device.

    Joel Connor, Sep 17, 2010