    I remember having this before and had to install another hardware but for
    the life of me can't remember what it is, that is, if it is that.
    Any suggestions please!!

    JB, Nov 5, 2005

  2. JB

    JB Guest

    I managed to get it to work but intermittently.
    The problem is I can't access the NIC utility setup. It only allows me to
    access XP's wireless utility setup. I downloaded the latest driver and
    utility from Dlink but still didn't help
    Anyhow in the xp wireless configuration I set up the correct WEP and SSID
    etc, but I can't see anywhere that you put in the Channel, like in the
    d-link setup.
    The other thing is when I click on Connect in the Xp wireless configuration
    window, it says at the top near the signal icon, Disconnected, the little
    Icon on the task bar is crossed out, But I AM connected and the lights are
    flashing on the NIC.
    Surely that's not right?
    Then I get disconnected after 5-10 minutes .
    Please help!

    JB, Nov 6, 2005

  3. JB

    Tom Lake Guest

    "JB" <> wrote in message
    >I managed to get it to work but intermittently.
    > The problem is I can't access the NIC utility setup. It only allows me to
    > access XP's wireless utility setup. I downloaded the latest driver and
    > utility from Dlink but still didn't help

    Did you uncheck the box that says to let Windows handle the configuration of
    wireless
    and did you also disable the Wireless Zero Configuration service? If not,
    then Windows
    is probably still in control of the NIC and that's why you can't use the
    Dlink setup.

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, Nov 6, 2005
  4. JB

    JB Guest

    Hello. Thanks for your reply.
    Yes I unchecked the Windows configuration.
    I uninstalled a reinstalled the software and driver 5 times. Tried with Win
    settings and without, then
    FINALLY I got the NIC's software to work. In the properties (Windows
    configuration) I changed ACII to HEX and set Long preamble and tried the
    NIC's icon and it opened!!
    Fingers crossed it behaves

    JB, Nov 7, 2005
  5. JB

    Mike824D

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Try "RIGHT" clicking on it and then enable.

    Mike824D, Jan 17, 2009