    Anyone know of a group which is appropriate for questions on use of
    Carbonite backup?

    Has anyone used backing up of multiple copies of files successfully?

    judith, Jan 12, 2009

  2. §ñühw¤£f, Jan 12, 2009

  3. judith

    thanatoid Guest

    judith <> wrote in
    news::
    > Anyone know of a group which is appropriate for questions
    > on use of Carbonite backup?
    >
    > Has anyone used backing up of multiple copies of files
    > successfully?

    Anyone storing or backing up their data on systems beyond their
    control (free webmail providers (Hotmail), "We're talking over
    the world and you can't stop us sites" (all Google) and "we'll
    keep your stuff safe. we promise." (carbonite et al) is out of
    their fucking mind.

    --
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."
    Anais Nin

    thanatoid, Jan 13, 2009
  4. judith

    judith Guest

    On 13 Jan 2009 04:48:25 GMT, thanatoid <>
    wrote:

    >judith <> wrote in
    >> Anyone know of a group which is appropriate for questions
    >> on use of Carbonite backup?
    >>
    >> Has anyone used backing up of multiple copies of files
    >> successfully?

    >Anyone storing or backing up their data on systems beyond their
    >control (free webmail providers (Hotmail), "We're talking over
    >the world and you can't stop us sites" (all Google) and "we'll
    >keep your stuff safe. we promise." (carbonite et al) is out of
    >their fucking mind.

    a) You have no idea what the data is
    b) You have no idea whether I have another copy
    c) You have nod idea if the data is "sensitive"

    d) You are a fuckwit.

    judith, Jan 13, 2009
  5. judith

    Mike Litoris Guest

    "judith" <> schreef in bericht
    > On 13 Jan 2009 04:48:25 GMT, thanatoid <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>judith <> wrote in
    >>> Anyone know of a group which is appropriate for questions
    >>> on use of Carbonite backup?
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone used backing up of multiple copies of files
    >>> successfully?

    >>Anyone storing or backing up their data on systems beyond their
    >>control (free webmail providers (Hotmail), "We're talking over
    >>the world and you can't stop us sites" (all Google) and "we'll
    >>keep your stuff safe. we promise." (carbonite et al) is out of
    >>their fucking mind.

    > a) You have no idea what the data is
    > b) You have no idea whether I have another copy
    > c) You have nod idea if the data is "sensitive"
    >

    > d) You are a fuckwit.

    You fucking mad cow. thanatoid was right. Never trust any 3rd party with
    your data, do your own backups.

    Mike Litoris, Jan 13, 2009
  6. Mike Litoris <> wrote in message

    > "judith" <> schreef in bericht
    >> On 13 Jan 2009 04:48:25 GMT, thanatoid <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> judith <> wrote in

    >>> Anyone storing or backing up their data on systems beyond their
    >>> control (free webmail providers (Hotmail), "We're talking over
    >>> the world and you can't stop us sites" (all Google) and "we'll
    >>> keep your stuff safe. we promise." (carbonite et al) is out of
    >>> their fucking mind.

    >> a) You have no idea what the data is
    >> b) You have no idea whether I have another copy
    >> c) You have nod idea if the data is "sensitive"
    >>

    >> d) You are a fuckwit.
    >>

    > You fucking mad cow. thanatoid was right. Never trust any 3rd party
    > with your data, do your own backups.

    Give her one, Mike.

    In my country we don't stand for that sort of tone - it's knocked out of
    them from a very early age. And if that doesn't work we stone the fuckers.

    Mohammad al-Banah, Jan 13, 2009
  7. judith

    Mike Litoris Guest

    "Mohammad al-Banah" <>
    schreef in bericht news:38tmi1$pp4$...
    > Mike Litoris <> wrote in message
    >
    >> "judith" <> schreef in bericht

    >>> a) You have no idea what the data is
    >>> b) You have no idea whether I have another copy
    >>> c) You have nod idea if the data is "sensitive"
    >>>

    >>> d) You are a fuckwit.
    >>>

    >> You fucking mad cow. thanatoid was right. Never trust any 3rd party
    >> with your data, do your own backups.

    > Give her one, Mike.
    >
    > In my country we don't stand for that sort of tone - it's knocked out of
    > them from a very early age. And if that doesn't work we stone the fuckers.

    The only way to treat those bitches right.

    Mike Litoris, Jan 13, 2009
  8. Mike Litoris pressed:

    > "Mohammad al-Banah"
    > <> schreef in
    > bericht news:38tmi1$pp4$...
    >> Mike Litoris <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> "judith" <> schreef in bericht

    >>> You fucking mad cow. thanatoid was right. Never trust any 3rd party
    >>> with your data, do your own backups.

    >> Give her one, Mike.
    >>
    >> In my country we don't stand for that sort of tone - it's knocked
    >> out of them from a very early age. And if that doesn't work we stone
    >> the fuckers.

    > The only way to treat those bitches right.

    It is the only way... cunts the lot of 'em!

    Angelica Holmes, Jan 13, 2009
  9. judith <> wrote in message

    > On 13 Jan 2009 04:48:25 GMT, thanatoid <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> judith <> wrote in
    >>> Anyone know of a group which is appropriate for questions
    >>> on use of Carbonite backup?
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone used backing up of multiple copies of files
    >>> successfully?

    >> Anyone storing or backing up their data on systems beyond their
    >> control (free webmail providers (Hotmail), "We're talking over
    >> the world and you can't stop us sites" (all Google) and "we'll
    >> keep your stuff safe. we promise." (carbonite et al) is out of
    >> their fucking mind.

    > a) You have no idea what the data is
    > b) You have no idea whether I have another copy
    > c) You have nod idea if the data is "sensitive"
    >

    > d) You are a fuckwit.

    Hey Yudith, I have a nicely crafted circumcised penis, do you fancy a chomp?

    Elijah Goldstück, Jan 13, 2009
  10. judith

    John Holmes Guest

    judith "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On 13 Jan 2009 04:48:25 GMT, thanatoid <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>judith <> wrote in
    >>> Anyone know of a group which is appropriate for questions
    >>> on use of Carbonite backup?
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone used backing up of multiple copies of files
    >>> successfully?

    >>Anyone storing or backing up their data on systems beyond their
    >>control (free webmail providers (Hotmail), "We're talking over
    >>the world and you can't stop us sites" (all Google) and "we'll
    >>keep your stuff safe. we promise." (carbonite et al) is out of
    >>their fucking mind.

    > a) You have no idea what the data is
    > b) You have no idea whether I have another copy
    > c) You have nod idea if the data is "sensitive"
    >

    > d) You are a fuckwit.

    What the **** are you doing on usenet? Get your fat ass over in the
    kitchen and cook us all a decent meal, you ugly lazy bitch.

    HTH

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jan 13, 2009
  11. judith

    judith Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:41:20 +0100, "Mike Litoris" <>
    wrote:

    >"judith" <> schreef in bericht
    >> On 13 Jan 2009 04:48:25 GMT, thanatoid <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>judith <> wrote in

    >>>Anyone storing or backing up their data on systems beyond their
    >>>control (free webmail providers (Hotmail), "We're talking over
    >>>the world and you can't stop us sites" (all Google) and "we'll
    >>>keep your stuff safe. we promise." (carbonite et al) is out of
    >>>their fucking mind.

    >> a) You have no idea what the data is
    >> b) You have no idea whether I have another copy
    >> c) You have nod idea if the data is "sensitive"
    >>

    >> d) You are a fuckwit.
    >>

    >You fucking mad cow. thanatoid was right. Never trust any 3rd party with
    >your data, do your own backups.

    a) You also have no idea what the data is
    b) You also have no idea whether I have another copy
    c) You also have nod idea if the data is "sensitive"

    d) You also are a fuckwit.

    judith, Jan 13, 2009
  12. judith

    Keyser Söze Guest

    John Holmes <> wrote in message

    > judith "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> On 13 Jan 2009 04:48:25 GMT, thanatoid <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> judith <> wrote in

    >>> Anyone storing or backing up their data on systems beyond their
    >>> control (free webmail providers (Hotmail), "We're talking over
    >>> the world and you can't stop us sites" (all Google) and "we'll
    >>> keep your stuff safe. we promise." (carbonite et al) is out of
    >>> their fucking mind.

    >> a) You have no idea what the data is
    >> b) You have no idea whether I have another copy
    >> c) You have nod idea if the data is "sensitive"
    >>

    >> d) You are a fuckwit.
    >>

    > What the **** are you doing on usenet? Get your fat ass over in the
    > kitchen and cook us all a decent meal, you ugly lazy bitch.
    >
    > HTH

    Why don't you just slap the whore around the chops John, in the only you
    know how. <FBG>

    Keyser Söze, Jan 13, 2009
  13. judith

    John Holmes Guest

    Keyser Söze "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes <> wrote in message
    >
    >> judith "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> a) You have no idea what the data is
    >>> b) You have no idea whether I have another copy
    >>> c) You have nod idea if the data is "sensitive"
    >>>

    >>> d) You are a fuckwit.
    >>>

    >> What the **** are you doing on usenet? Get your fat ass over in the
    >> kitchen and cook us all a decent meal, you ugly lazy bitch.
    >>
    >> HTH

    > Why don't you just slap the whore around the chops John, in the only

    you
    > know how. <FBG>

    I just might do that. Did you know there's a new verb for it? It's called
    "swaffeling" in my country and it's in the newest dictionary. Seriously,
    no kidding.

    ;-)

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jan 13, 2009
  14. judith

    > Keyser Söze "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> John Holmes <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> judith "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> What the **** are you doing on usenet? Get your fat ass over in the
    >>> kitchen and cook us all a decent meal, you ugly lazy bitch.
    >>>
    >>> HTH

    >> Why don't you just slap the whore around the chops John, in the only
    >> you know how. <FBG>

    > I just might do that. Did you know there's a new verb for it? It's
    > called "swaffeling" in my country and it's in the newest dictionary.
    > Seriously, no kidding.
    >
    > ;-)

    Well, swaffel a fucking link of the reference this way, I'm in the process
    of learning the fucked up language.

    Keyser Söze, Jan 13, 2009
  15. judith

    John Holmes Guest

    Keyser Söze "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Keyser Söze "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> John Holmes <> wrote in message

    >>> Why don't you just slap the whore around the chops John, in the only
    >>> you know how. <FBG>

    >> I just might do that. Did you know there's a new verb for it? It's
    >> called "swaffeling" in my country and it's in the newest dictionary.
    >> Seriously, no kidding.
    >>
    >> ;-)

    > Well, swaffel a fucking link of the reference this way, I'm in the
    > process of learning the fucked up language.

    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=swaffelen

    HTH, LOL

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jan 13, 2009
  16. judith

    > Keyser Söze "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> John Holmes <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Keyser Söze "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> I just might do that. Did you know there's a new verb for it? It's
    >>> called "swaffeling" in my country and it's in the newest dictionary.
    >>> Seriously, no kidding.
    >>>
    >>> LOL

    >> Well, swaffel a fucking link of the reference this way, I'm in the
    >> process of learning the fucked up language.

    > http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=swaffelen
    >
    > HTH, LOL

    Excellent reference Johnny boy! Just what I need to kick-start my learning
    of the language Nederlands.

    Ik ben geswaffelt
    Jij bent / ben jij geswaffelt (a good alternative candidate for PLONK)
    Hij, zij is geswaffelt
    U bent geswaffelt
    Wij zijn geswaffelen
    Jullie zijn geswaffelen
    Zij zijn geswaffelen

    "Hebben we weer lekker zitten swaffelen."

    I wonder if Yudith'll get the 'hang' of it. ;)

    Keyser Söze, Jan 13, 2009
  17. judith

    John Holmes Guest

    Keyser Söze "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Keyser Söze "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> John Holmes <> wrote in message

    >>> Well, swaffel a fucking link of the reference this way, I'm in the
    >>> process of learning the fucked up language.

    >> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=swaffelen
    >>
    >> HTH, LOL

    > Excellent reference Johnny boy! Just what I need to kick-start my
    > learning of the language Nederlands.
    >
    > Ik ben geswaffelt
    > Jij bent / ben jij geswaffelt (a good alternative candidate for PLONK)
    > Hij, zij is geswaffelt
    > U bent geswaffelt
    > Wij zijn geswaffelen
    > Jullie zijn geswaffelen
    > Zij zijn geswaffelen
    >
    > "Hebben we weer lekker zitten swaffelen."
    >
    > I wonder if Yudith'll get the 'hang' of it. ;)

    Glad to be of any help.Yudith will have "some" question marks floating
    around her head now. Let's see how that works out.

    :)

    --
    <snip>

    John Holmes, Jan 13, 2009
  18. judith

    thanatoid Guest

    judith <> wrote in

    > On 13 Jan 2009 04:48:25 GMT, thanatoid
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>judith <> wrote in
    >>> Anyone know of a group which is appropriate for questions
    >>> on use of Carbonite backup?
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone used backing up of multiple copies of files
    >>> successfully?

    >>Anyone storing or backing up their data on systems beyond
    >>their control (free webmail providers (Hotmail), "We're
    >>talking over the world and you can't stop us sites" (all
    >>Google) and "we'll keep your stuff safe. we promise."
    >>(carbonite et al) is out of their fucking mind.

    > a) You have no idea what the data is

    Where did I say I did?

    > b) You have no idea whether I have another copy

    It is implied you that even though you may, you consider
    Carbonite a viable way to store another copy (or "multiple
    copies").

    > c) You have nod idea if the data is "sensitive"

    Where did I say it is sensitive?

    IOW, in answer to a,b & c, no, I just know the basics of
    reasonable behavior AFA computers and internet.

    > d) You are a fuckwit.

    You have a way with words, darling.
    Dropped out of high school, did we?

    thanatoid, Jan 14, 2009
  19. judith

    thanatoid Guest

    "judith" <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 13:41:20 +0100, "Mike Litoris"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>"judith" <> schreef in bericht

    >>> a) You have no idea what the data is
    >>> b) You have no idea whether I have another copy
    >>> c) You have nod idea if the data is "sensitive"
    >>>

    >>> d) You are a fuckwit.
    >>>

    >>You fucking mad cow. thanatoid was right. Never trust any
    >>3rd party with your data, do your own backups.

    > a) You also have no idea what the data is
    > b) You also have no idea whether I have another copy
    > c) You also have nod idea if the data is "sensitive"
    >

    > d) You also are a fuckwit.

    HAH! And seeing how some people with more brains than you agreed
    with me I was about to apologize for even bothering to reply!

    If you KNOW what you're going to do ANYWAY (a particularly
    admirable trait), WHY ASK????

    OK then, yes dear, put 3 copies of everything on Carbonite and
    wipe your drive(s).

    Let us know how it works out for you.

    thanatoid, Jan 14, 2009