  1. If I bought a car in Californa, for example, and get the title in my name,
    then I move later to another state, say Idaho for example, do I have to send
    the title in, to reflect the state of Idaho???
    Christopher Syn, May 27, 2007

  2. Christopher Syn

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Christopher Syn" <> wrote in message
    news:ebn6i.3653$...
    > If I bought a car in Californa, for example, and get the title in my name,
    > then I move later to another state, say Idaho for example, do I have to
    > send the title in, to reflect the state of Idaho???

    Usually, yes. That is done at the time of registration to get new plates for
    the state you have moved to.
    WhzzKdd, May 27, 2007

  3. Christopher Syn

    SgtMinor Guest

    Christopher Syn wrote:

    > If I bought a car in Californa, for example, and get the title in my
    > name, then I move later to another state, say Idaho for example, do I
    > have to send the title in, to reflect the state of Idaho???

    Here are the rules for California:

    "Commercial vehicles and any vehicle owned by a California resident must
    be registered upon entry into California unless a special permit was
    obtained. Visitors whose vehicles are properly registered to them in
    their home state may operate their vehicles in California until they:

    * Accept gainful employment in California.
    * Claim a homeowner's exemption in California.
    * Rent or lease a residence in California.
    * Intend to live or be located here on a permanent basis (for
    example, acquire a California driver license, acquire other licenses not
    ordinarily extended to a nonresident, registered to vote).
    * Enroll in an institution of higher learning as a California
    resident or enroll their dependents in school (K-12).

    Fees must be paid within 20 days of entry or residency to avoid penalties."

    http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/howto/htvr9.htm
    SgtMinor, May 27, 2007